Originally Posted by Goatkiller
Very good season. Took a kid hunting every single time I went. Never got to hunt by myself or any of the stands I hung in the woods. We will call it 4 each 130+ inch deer in adult range... one would probably push 150 a nice 10pt. Kid clean misses the 10 at hand grenade distance Buck Fever took eye off scope to look just as the tigger was pulled. and 3 were too far to shoot or the kid didn't feel confident. All these within 200 yards and a chip shot for an Adult.

You will figure out a lot about yourself and how much passing this sport down means to you... when you have a sold 140 inch deer standing 150 yards away in a wide open food plot. But you've got a kid next to you and they don't shoot for whatever reason and you let it walk off. And you say "We'll try again next Saturday". Borderline crazy but I did it several times over this season. One I would guess to have been probably the biggest I would have ever killed in AL. These kids don't come from families that regularly hunt. 2 of them Dad is not involved or in the picture at home.

Dam good season for me.

ALL kids FIRED UP and already talking about next season...... and what these deer are going to look like..... and how we are going to get them... Got one ready to get in a tree and out of a shooting house. Asking about when Bow season starts in the fall and NEVER even shot a real bow.

100% success rate in my book. Probably the best deer season I've ever had. At the beginning of the season I had no idea I would even hunt more than 2-3 times with a kid in tow.

That’s good stuff bud!