I was kind of forced into it in 2020 due to covid, as I'm in sales . I could have still done it by phone but that doesn't work as well as face to face so I decided to give semi-retirement a try. I'm fortunate that my lifestyle isn't extravagant and my business provides residual income or there is no way I could have done it because I never saved for retirement when I was younger.

I already hunted anytime I wanted to so I picked up golf again after a 12 years off and started traveling more. I still worked any referrals my customers sent me and continued serving the customers I had until the company I had been contracted with for 15 years sold out in 2023 and forced me to sell half my clients. So I just contracted with a new company and will start back working to replace those customers I lost in the buy out. From my short experience with it if you have enough things you enjoy you will find there isn't as much down time as you thought there would be.

As far as insurance, if you and your spouse are fairly healthy a health share plan cost way less than traditional insurance. I use a company called Zion Health and pay $195 a month but it covers nothing until I'm out of pocket $12,500 annually. After that it covers 100% with no limits. I have no real health issues so this works for me but if you have anything more than a little high blood pressure you're probably better off with traditional coverage.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard