Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by James
After reading a few fellers comments on here, i can see why the fun is just being SUCKED RIGHT OUT OF HUNTING.

Me too.

I don't know what needs changing at this point, but I can't help but noting that the legal harvest now has more bucks than does. The last few years before the implementation of buck limits, we were killing more does than bucks, and it was happening because hunters voluntarily chose to do it that way. And the legal harvest was about double of what it is now. There was no GC or anything else to worry about when you killed a deer, just load him up and take him home.

Have all the rules made us better off in any way? Was killing half as many deer, but returning to killing more bucks than does what was expected? Will more new rules work better than the current rules?

This year we killed about 50/50 percent bucks and does. Most years we are about 70/30 percent bucks to does for the simple fact that does make babies. It takes more does to keep the population up then bucks. Y’all ever wonder why cattle farmers always have way more cows then bulls. Cows make babies and 1 Bull can service many cows.
We have one thread where we are shooting to many does, and now we are shooting to many bucks. Like James said, y’all are trying to take the fun out of hunting.

Last edited by marshmud991; 02/29/24 09:39 AM.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.