</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
38 Special ammo
by leroyb. 09/07/24 06:19 PM
PSE Carbon Air 34 ECS
by aucountry. 09/07/24 04:34 PM
Savage high country
by Dr594. 09/07/24 02:13 PM
2023 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi Night Edition Crewcab
by jsmith. 09/07/24 01:29 PM
MOA Magazine Extension Deluxe kit – Stoeger M3000
by aucountry. 09/07/24 12:15 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunter's Education Class
by Stoney. 09/07/24 04:42 PM
Corn Prices
by WINMAG300. 09/07/24 11:40 AM
Boykin WMA..
by abolt300. 09/07/24 07:49 AM
Saddle hunting
by hamma. 09/07/24 07:32 AM
Velvet
by Tree Dweller. 09/07/24 01:33 AM
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Greene County Club (Union) - Full Rights - Private
by DuckDown11. 08/29/24 02:36 PM
Coosa County Lease on AFOA
by PYhunter. 08/28/24 09:38 PM
Long Shot, I know
by Nightwatchman. 08/28/24 02:02 PM
Any one looking for land in Winton County
by Doeslayer44. 08/26/24 07:10 PM
Need 4 members Jefferson Co
by Mascot. 08/19/24 12:30 PM
Who's Online Now
177 registered members (SilverBullet, courseup, rockhunter, jhardy, Raven, coldtrail, Chancetribe, hayman, brushwhacker, IDOT, Bad06Z, AU338MAG, Hotrod20, 25-20, Tree Hanger, StateLine, Gobblinfever1, CeeHawk37, Woody1, ucmducks, bamabug, Red Fox, fur_n_feathers, Young20, klay, Bruno, desertdog, quailman, Jus_me, Skullworks, deadeye48, SouthBamaSlayer, 7x57_Mauser, HDS64, CAL, JustHunt, bass1090, Cousneddy, Bronco 74, BCLC, trlrdrdave, akbejeepin, CNC, Koba, seapro19, 1hunter, CRUTCHJD76, COOTER, Lec, handihunter, jwalker77, BOFF, lckrn, Chaser357, Dave_H, Gunpowder, Joe4majors, mossyback, hunterturf, Daveleeal, dave260rem!, 3006bullet, jbatey1, Zbrann, jw706, Marengo hunter, AWT6, AKB, shootnmiss, cch, AJones, donia, BentBarrel, MTeague, ronfromramer, Turberville, Jwoods32, cullmanbamafan, Duals, Chipnalong, Moose24, bambam32, biglmbass, woodduck, dirtwrk, JB71, Gobble4me757, Swamp Monkey, BCD, Andalusia, Haybale, Butchman205, Whild_Bill, Standbanger, TexasHuntress, GomerPyle, MarksOutdoors, bamaeyedoc, crenshawco, cuztoshaw, Big Rack, k bush, BigEd, auman, BearBranch, Showout, RocN151, Emile, kaintuck, Crawfish, Weedpicker, G/H, Beer Belly, apolloslade, Safetyman, cmontgomery, canine933, AUjerbear, blade, Rickster, 163dm, WhoMe, eskimo270, oakachoy, hootn, claybird, slanddeerhunter, zgobbler5, sanderson, aucountry, JohnG, Turkeyneck78, Cuz-Pat, CrappieMan, KnightRyder, sawdust, !shiloh!, BPI, CB5121, 007, hgmike, cullbuck, kpswihart, Happysappy, jake44, ridgestalker, Big AL 76, Mike32, kyles, NWFJ, Uokman2014, Coy1085, JD53, JCL, bug54, Bowfish, rrice0725, Jstocks, Whitetaillane, BC, hhsdc78, 16 invisible), 564 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095781
03/05/24 03:15 PM
03/05/24 03:15 PM
A
abolt300 Offline
Booner
abolt300  Offline
Booner
A
Originally Posted by CNC
Originally Posted by Semo
Originally Posted by CNC
Y'all can make it about emotion if you want to but at the end of the day its about math.......Add 40K hunters and it makes a difference in the total amount of deer that get killed......If too many bucks are getting killed then something has to give somewhere.....

CNC, I find it funny you think out of state deer hunters are an issue in alabama. You dont even know how many of those out of state license owners actually deer hunted or how many they killed. If you are going to say you arent emotional and it is all numbers driven then contact DNR and get the game check numbers to at least have some data (as flawed as it may be).

If you look at my original post all I asked was……”Shouldn’t there be a limit as to how many?”……Do you just let in however many want to hunt here as Atlanta and Florida continue to grow even if there stops being enough deer to go around? We can debate back and forth over whether or not the herd is decreasing……but for chits and giggles lets just assume for a minute that I’m right and its indeed decreasing…….Where are you going to make your cuts in the next 5 years??......Are you going to cut bag limits?

Well if Alabama hunters are killing 90+% of the deer, and the herd is decreasing then the Bama residents probably need to exercise some restraint and if they cannot, which they continually prove that they cant, then the state will have to step in and make a reduction in the limits. I'm telling you, the majority of those out of state licenses are people like my future son in law that came with my daughter to the camp at Christmas and bought an out of state license for the 2 days he hunted with the family. The largest percentage of those out of state licenses are going to be people coming in to hunt the pay hunt operations all over Alabama. Alabama's deer season is 4 months (16 weeks) long. Just one pay hunt operation running 10 hunters per week during the season would account for 160 of those out of state license sales. If there are 250 pay hunt operations (my guess is that it is way higher than that) there's 40,000 licenses and the majority of your out of state license sales.

Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095785
03/05/24 03:23 PM
03/05/24 03:23 PM
A
abolt300 Offline
Booner
abolt300  Offline
Booner
A
Originally Posted by CNC
Originally Posted by marshmud991
Originally Posted by CNC
Originally Posted by marshmud991
All 40k are out of state hunters?

Is there somewhere you can find this information year by year?

I have no idea which is why I’m asking. Wasn’t sure if it was the total of new hunters or you were saying that many new NR hunters.

The hunter survey shows that amount of new deer hunters since 2018……I cant find a breakdown for just out of state. I would guess though that a large percentage of them came from out of state….Hard to imagine we just produced a bunch of new home grown hunters. Maybe there's some associated with the growth of areas like Huntsville and Auburn

COVID. Bunch of kids and adults having to stay home for 2 years, most likely got reintroduced to hunting or started back. Lots of people have moved south out of the NE out of democrap states and Alabama's population has grown. Huntsville alone has added almost 6,000 people per year for the past 5 years. You think any of those people moving in hunt? Those are all now residents CNC, just like you. Big picture CNC, Big picture.

Re: Out of state hunters [Re: abolt300] #4095789
03/05/24 03:28 PM
03/05/24 03:28 PM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content OP
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content OP
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
Originally Posted by abolt300

Well if Alabama hunters are killing 90+% of the deer, and the herd is decreasing then the Bama residents probably need to exercise some restraint and if they cannot, which they continually prove that they cant, then the state will have to step in and make a reduction in the limits. I'm telling you, the majority of those out of state licenses are people like my future son in law that came with my daughter to the camp at Christmas and bought an out of state license for the 2 days he hunted with the family. The largest percentage of those out of state licenses are going to be people coming in to hunt the pay hunt operations all over Alabama. Alabama's deer season is 4 months (16 weeks) long. Just one pay hunt operation running 10 hunters per week during the season would account for 160 of those out of state license sales. If there are 250 pay hunt operations (my guess is that it is way higher than that) there's 40,000 licenses and the majority of your out of state license sales.

Which part of the state do you hunt?.......Because there's a LOT of out state hunters occupying the clubs in the counties around me

We dont rent pigs
Re: Out of state hunters [Re: abolt300] #4095791
03/05/24 03:29 PM
03/05/24 03:29 PM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content OP
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content OP
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL

COVID. Bunch of kids and adults having to stay home for 2 years, most likely got reintroduced to hunting or started back. Lots of people have moved south out of the NE out of democrap states and Alabama's population has grown. Huntsville alone has added almost 6,000 people per year for the past 5 years. You think any of those people moving in hunt? Those are all now residents CNC, just like you. Big picture CNC, Big picture.

We dont have to guess on this......The state has the information......Why dont we have it too??

We dont rent pigs
Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095792
03/05/24 03:32 PM
03/05/24 03:32 PM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
Most of them moving here gor money to . Got a cousin that wanted to sale two 1 ac lots . Most wanted to buy the whole 46ac house and all

Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095797
03/05/24 03:37 PM
03/05/24 03:37 PM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
My ex gal in Queens NY has a 80 year old small house on less than a acre of land . It's wroth 2.5 million dollars. Lot of the people around her selling out and moving . So when they get to where they going they bring money

Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095809
03/05/24 03:49 PM
03/05/24 03:49 PM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content OP
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content OP
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
Originally Posted by CNC

Which part of the state do you hunt?.......Because there's a LOT of out state hunters occupying the clubs in the counties around me

BTW……I think you’re WAY overestimating the pay hunt operations…..They don’t run nearly that many hunters through. I doubt there’s as many total operations as you’re estimating either…..There really aint that many down here where I’m at and I’m in one of the best locations for it…..I mean, there are some but its only a handful of them….not dozens upon dozens……My guess for why is because its probably not really that lucrative anymore and becoming less and less. Just like we’re talking about in the other thread…..its hard to find folks to pay top dollar to go on a mediocre hunt where they might have a chance at a 115” eight point.

We dont rent pigs
Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095814
03/05/24 03:56 PM
03/05/24 03:56 PM
A
abolt300 Offline
Booner
abolt300  Offline
Booner
A
Originally Posted by CNC

West Central blackbelt. Marengo, Dallas, Wilcox and I'm telling you, Alabama resident hunters outnumber the out of state hunters 20:1 Now we do have a ton from Mobile, Fairhope, Birmingham, Tuscaloosa and Montgomer. They arent locals, but all those are still "Alabama Residents". You want to see what a real out of state hunting invasion looks like? Drive up to southern IL in the peak of the rut or over to Arkansas on the opening weekend of duck season and count out of state tags. Bama definitely doesnt have an out of state hunting problem compared to other states. Like I said in an earlier post. It's all reciprocal between states. Bunch of Bama residents frequent the surrounding states and use their resources too. Drive down to the Florida panhandle and count out of state tags next week when spring break starts. You think all those out of staters clogging up the beaches, restaurants, and causing traffic jams are going to piss off all the locals down there? Drive down to Venice when the big tuna are thick and see how many out of state tags, and how many Alabama tags are in the big marina parking lots. You might be surprised.

Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095819
03/05/24 04:10 PM
03/05/24 04:10 PM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content OP
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content OP
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
Let me redirect you to the what was originally said again abolt because folks seem to stray off sometimes giving an answer that doesn’t fit the question……..We have just cranked up the harvest on a decreasing deer population……Again, for the sake of the idea we’re discussing in this thread lets assume that’s so…..

In the next 5 years if we have to address the situation……Will you be ok with lowering the bag limit to 2 bucks without there being a cap on the amount of folks that can just keep coming in from out of state??......If there isnt and the number of hunters just keeps climbing then the buck you’re giving up isnt helping the herd to be better…..its just being redistributed to the growing number of hunters….And again, I’m not saying this to bash out of state hunters…..I’m trying to say that you might want to give this some thought before just lining up and supporting a 2 buck limit…..If you look in our other discussions, some people already do.

We dont rent pigs
Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095821
03/05/24 04:12 PM
03/05/24 04:12 PM
A
abolt300 Offline
Booner
abolt300  Offline
Booner
A
Originally Posted by CNC
Originally Posted by CNC

BTW……I think you’re WAY overestimating the pay hunt operations…..They don’t run nearly that many hunters through. I doubt there’s as many total operations as you’re estimating either…..There really aint that many down here where I’m at and I’m in one of the best locations for it…..I mean, there are some but its only a handful of them….not dozens upon dozens……My guess for why is because its probably not really that lucrative anymore and becoming less and less. Just like we’re talking about in the other thread…..its hard to find folks to pay top dollar to go on a mediocre hunt where they might have a chance at a 115” eight point.

I've got no less than 20 within 50 miles of me. Quick google search shows pins for 33 pay hunt operations south of 80 between I65 at Evergreen west to over Demopolis and south down to around Thomasville. There are 3 pretty good sized operations very close to me that are not even listed on there and they run groups of 4-7 hunters on 3 day hunts twice a week from opening weekend of bow season all the way through Feb 10th. Same search shows 6 pay to hunt lodges just right there around Auburn. There's a whole bunch more than you think. It's not top dollar. Most are $1500 - $2700 with lodging and meals included. Damn sure aint top dollar. Go look at what a guided hunt on private land costs in other states. Bama is the Dollar General of paid deer hunts. Why is it so cheap? Because our age structure sucks as a result of the majority of our residents feeling that they need to kill anything that they see with hair on it and as many as they can. "We looked in the mirror and the enemy was us".

Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095822
03/05/24 04:13 PM
03/05/24 04:13 PM
Demop
1bamashooter Offline
10 point
1bamashooter  Offline
10 point
Demop
This is past being pathetic move on.

Keep your booger hooker off the bang switch.
Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095825
03/05/24 04:14 PM
03/05/24 04:14 PM
Tuscaloosa
H
hawndog Offline
8 point
hawndog  Offline
8 point
H
Tuscaloosa
I like the ability to be able to hunt other states even though I rarely do. I like being able to fish in Florida. I do not live far from the MS line, it is conceivable that I may want to join a club in MS one day. Creating a license war will help no one.

Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095827
03/05/24 04:21 PM
03/05/24 04:21 PM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content OP
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content OP
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
You talk about big picture Abolt……..Look at the rising lease prices and what’s feeding into it…..If there wasn’t an unlimited amount of out of state pockets that can just come in and jack the prices up we might not be seeing such “inflation”…..As it is right now the ceiling is way up there for folks to just keep raising the price and packing more hunters in…….Lower the bag limits on them to make up for it……….Maximize profits ……Big picture abolt……big picture…….

We dont rent pigs
Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095828
03/05/24 04:22 PM
03/05/24 04:22 PM
A
abolt300 Offline
Booner
abolt300  Offline
Booner
A
Originally Posted by CNC
Let me redirect you to the what was originally said again abolt because folks seem to stray off sometimes giving an answer that doesn’t fit the question……..We have just cranked up the harvest on a decreasing deer population……Again, for the sake of the idea we’re discussing in this thread lets assume that’s so…..

In the next 5 years if we have to address the situation……Will you be ok with lowering the bag limit to 2 bucks without there being a cap on the amount of folks that can just keep coming in from out of state??......If there isnt and the number of hunters just keeps climbing then the buck you’re giving up isnt helping the herd to be better…..its just being redistributed to the growing number of hunters….And again, I’m not saying this to bash out of state hunters…..I’m trying to say that you might want to give this some thought before just lining up and supporting a 2 buck limit…..If you look in our other discussions, some people already do.

Absolutely. I'd be fine with cutting off all buck killing in the entire state for the next 2 years if that is what it takes to start correcting our age structure, putting more bucks into older age classes, and what is best for the herd. I'd be perfectly fine with dropping the limit to 1 buck per season. That's honestly probably what needs to happen and what it is going to take to finally make people think before pulling the trigger on that 60-90" 2.5 yr old 6 or 8 pt. I enjoy working on the land, improving the habitat and managing and growing deer and turkeys as much as I do hunting and harvesting them. I'm only interested in harvesting mature animals. I passed the stage where I felt I had to kill a buck to prove I'm a good hunter or kill a deer just to feel like the hunt was a success, many years ago.

Last edited by abolt300; 03/05/24 05:08 PM.
Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095832
03/05/24 04:31 PM
03/05/24 04:31 PM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
I remember back when we ran dogs in macon county for a club ,,,,, 3 times,a years they have around 30 come up from Fla to hunt . We had places we never ran till they came . Each one paid the club $25 each time that came

That was early 80s

Last edited by Frankie; 03/05/24 04:33 PM.
Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095849
03/05/24 04:56 PM
03/05/24 04:56 PM
A
abolt300 Offline
Booner
abolt300  Offline
Booner
A
Originally Posted by CNC
You talk about big picture Abolt……..Look at the rising lease prices and what’s feeding into it…..If there wasn’t an unlimited amount of out of state pockets that can just come in and jack the prices up we might not be seeing such “inflation”…..As it is right now the ceiling is way up there for folks to just keep raising the price and packing more hunters in…….Lower the bag limits on them to make up for it……….Maximize profits ……Big picture abolt……big picture…….

Man you really need a shot of reality. Everything is double, triple, quadruple or a 10X increase in price from what it was 5, 10, 15, 20 yrs ago. Lease prices are no different than the cost of 4x4 trucks and cars, groceries, lumber, gas, oil, boats, houses, insurance, property taxes, hourly wages, and on and on. Unfortunately, it is the world we live in. Thanks in large part, to a govt that just prints money on a whim.

People will raise prices until people refuse to pay. At the point in time when they cannot get what they want, they will say okay, if you will not pay what I want to get, I'll just take this land out of the lease pool and no longer lease it for hunting. That will happen long before a price drop will, and unfortunately, that's just a fact of life. We arent ever going back to the way things used to be. I'll also say that I've been outbid on some really good property, that I've really wanted to get control of, on several occasions. It's never been by someone from out of state. Every single time it has happened, it's been a group of lawyers or doctors out of Mobile or Birmingham, and one time by a guy that owns a big trucking company here in Alabama.

Last edited by abolt300; 03/05/24 05:06 PM.
Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095853
03/05/24 05:01 PM
03/05/24 05:01 PM
FL-AL
Scout308 Offline
8 point
Scout308  Offline
8 point
FL-AL
Originally Posted by CNC

Out of state pockets jack up the prices? How about greedy land owners. It sounds to me like you have an issue with out of state hunters.

"America First! Nothing Else Matters"
Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095856
03/05/24 05:03 PM
03/05/24 05:03 PM
Crenshaw
C
CrappieMan Online content
8 point
CrappieMan  Online Content
8 point
C
Crenshaw
When you can prove there's a decrease in deer I'll listen to some more of your crap. Absolutely No way to count the number of deer in Alabama.

Re: Out of state hunters [Re: abolt300] #4095858
03/05/24 05:09 PM
03/05/24 05:09 PM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content OP
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content OP
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
For the folks keeping score at home........

Originally Posted by CNC
.If there wasn’t an unlimited amount of out of state pockets that can just come in and jack the prices up we might not be seeing such “inflation”…..

People will raise prices until people refuse to pay.

We dont rent pigs
Re: Out of state hunters [Re: CNC] #4095862
03/05/24 05:23 PM
03/05/24 05:23 PM
A
abolt300 Offline
Booner
abolt300  Offline
Booner
A
Originally Posted by CNC
For the folks keeping score at home........

Originally Posted by CNC
.If there wasn’t an unlimited amount of out of state pockets that can just come in and jack the prices up we might not be seeing such “inflation”…..

People will raise prices until people refuse to pay.

For those keeping score. CNC is OCD and not the sharpest tool in the shed. He evidently thinks that nobody in Alabama has and is willing to pay big money for a good deer lease within an hour of their office and that only people from out of state can afford to do that. loco

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.