Originally Posted by Semo
My best friend has one. I think it is silly. The ride is rough, there are several repair issues and it is small. If he needs to tow his boat from winter storage to the lakehouse either I have to show up or he borrows his dad's tundra. He thinks it is cool, but he has recently purchased a 2005 Sierra and now that is what he drives most of the time because he said the ride is better, rear seat is bigger, and he can fit more in the bed.

My wife has asked me why a 6'4" 240lb man is doing driving a girls truck. We tried to put 4 of us in it for a fishing trip and we wont do that again. They arent made for big men.

The axles have had to be replaced at 60,000 and I said that was crazy. He said his dealer said it was a common issue. The Gladiator has all kinds of electronics for locking axles and such. But, short term the truck is too expensive to tear up and long term I dont trust the electronics (all touch screen) to hold up.

BTW, I gave borrowed it on several occasions and also drive it in the woods quite a bit. Outsude of the size issues it drives like a jeep which isnt a compliment. He used my truck a few times 2002 HD crew cab and he always returned it saying "I cant believe how good that old truck drives." Well yeah, he is used to that rubricon gladiator.