Originally Posted by CrappieMan
Originally Posted by bill
Originally Posted by wew3006
They are skilled; but a quality boys high school team would destroy them

It wouldn't take a quality boys team. Any 3A Alabama team that wins their region would blow them out. I do think the women play harder than men in College and it's entertaining to watch but testosterone is way too big an advantage in any sport that requires size, strength and speed.

I went to Birmingham to watch a bunch of the state championships this year. No 3a boys team I saw could beat these girls.

I've seen it first hand when Auburn's women's team in the late 80s was a force. I watched them try to play in pick up games with guys that didn't play college ball. I watched an All American (Ruthie Bolton) talk trash to a black guy that was shorter than her until he finally gave in and played her 1 on 1. He beat her 24-0 and he wasnt anything special. He was just stronger and quicker.

We would let a couple of them play pick up games with us but they could only score if someone set screens for them. It's hard to explain just how big the gap is between women and men until you actually see it in person. There isn't a woman alive that could make a roster for any D2 men's team in the country.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard