Originally Posted by chevydude2015
A lot of country music stars had drinking problems, it’s nothing new. Hank Sr., a legend, had a hell of a drinking problem which cost him his life at about the same age as Wallen is now.

Hank was in a great deal of pain. "Hank was born with a condition that would not be diagnosed until the later years of his life, known as spina bifida occulta. It is a birth defect where there is incomplete closing of the backbone and membranes around the spinal cord, according to the National Institute of Health (NIH). Williams experienced severe back pain which could be, at times, debilitating and would prohibit him from performing. Upon learning of his condition, Hank reportedly said: “Cure me or kill me, Doc. I can’t go on like this.” He underwent surgery, but still struggled with the pain.
Williams was drinking whiskey by the age of 13, according to crime author Robert A. Waters. On top of struggling with alcoholism, the artist used a number of drugs, including: cocaine, morphine, chloral hydrate and heroin."