Now follow me here for a minute….I got another theory..... grin

If we have counties with populations showing a lot of variance up and down then its probably safe to say that the rodent predators are causing those highs and low with the change in the rodent populations…..Their impacts are going to swing with the rodent swings.....So, if that’s true then you should be able to find the counties that virtually do not change from year to year and say that those counties probably ARE NOT being limited by the rodent predators…..something else is a limiting factor to further growth because the impact of rodent predators would fluctuate…….

Corn fed coon populations I dont think are going to go through those types of highs and lows from one year to the next…..I think they would be more constant……In theory anyways…. So potentially you could look at the trend in fluctuation for an individual county over time and it be a potential indicator as to what’s limiting the population in that area. Except for areas that may be impacted by chicken litter….everybody else’s turkeys are ultimately controlled by something that eats them or their eggs.

Here are those low variability counties….Some of these are a little bit like Morgan Co but on the low end……you can kinda pick those out though…..I went ahead and included everything that was less than .29 since there were so many counties that fell out in those mid 20’s….There's very little difference from about #5-#29

1) Shelby
2) Marshall
3) Etowah
4) Tuscaloosa
5) Walker
6) Perry
7) Choctaw
8) Elmore
9) Dallas
10) Madison
11) St Clair
12) Houston