Originally Posted by Cactus_buck
[
Some people are just ignorant to the subject. I’m ignorant to a lot of things. It’s not a bad thing. You just don’t know. I have 2 kids that graduated with a high school diploma that were homeschooled and they’re not weird and actually quite successful. Everyone can have an opinion and they can even voice their opinion. Doesn’t mean you have to listen to it. When my kids were in homeschool we had over 400 kids in our homeschool group.

I don’t trust the government. And I don’t trust the government to teach my kids. That’s why we are where we are today. I’m really shocked there this many people on a predominantly conservative board that don’t have the same beliefs.

To each their own. You do what you think is right for your kids and I’ll do what’s right by mine. I have 2 kids that are honest and contributing members of society and they make their parents proud. So I couldn’t care less what other people think and am happy what we did for our kids.

Most of the crap being taught in public school does them no good later in life. The education department isn’t worried about education. It’s more about indoctrination. My kids learned the necessities and we left out the other junk.

I admit I don't know anyone who was homeschooled. None of my friends growing up have decided their kids needed homeschooling. My sample size is small, and I admit that. I was hoping someone could come on and say how much they loved being homeschooled and glad they did not attend their local school.