Originally Posted by bama_earl
I actually agree with Goatkiller. It's been my experience so far in life, I honestly don't think the majority of homeschool kids actually want to be in homeschool. Given the choice, I think they would like to attend their local school. Also, parents naturally think their kids are good, ok, well adjusted... etc.. Especially if it was their decision to homeschool. Parents also think their kids will be professional athletes one day. If a parent says well my kids is well adjusted and it was the right decision.. xyz. That's a use case I don't entertain, the source is biased.

Parents homeschool for the following reasons:
1. Religions Extremest
2. They live in a black school district
3. Their kids are weird and are scared they will get picked on
4. They are militant towards the country and government
5. Parents are left of left and child thinks they are dragons, also see #3

There maybe some great homeschool kids out there, I just don't know any or have never meet them. It does seem like we are in the great homeschool experiment, where parents are deciding to homeschool but they where never homeschooled themselves.

Could someone who was homeschooled come on and talk about how great your experience was and how you are glad you didn't get to experience a traditional school.

What city/county public school system did your kids attend? Or currently attending? What about you?

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!