Originally Posted by Semo
Finally got a chance to go by myself. I have taken out 3 guys this week and they all got birds before 7 and then we quit.

Monday (opening day) was crazy. Had to ask a guy to leave and not come back that has hunted on our place for 35 years. He got pissed because he wanted to hunt where I was at but rather than having a discussion he came over and ran my birds off on purpose as daylight was breaking. That has never happened before (in the 90 years of my family directing hunting) and won't ever happen again. I'm just glad he did it to me and not somebody else. Sad thing is he hunts more than anyone else does (used to).

Anyway, I got in on one early and thought I could see down the road from the brush I was sitting in. I could not and he busted me at 6 steps. So, I took off and went after another bird I heard and had him on the ground by 6:45. Again, I shot him about 5 feet from where I first saw him. It was 10 steps. I may need to only use a standard full choke if I'm goung to keep hunting these logged ridges. Nice bird with an 11 1/4 beard but had one spur broke off.

Congrats man that's a great bird.