Originally Posted by GomerPyle
Originally Posted by 3toe
I think ours may be done in Pickens. Haven't gobbled in over two weeks. Listened to the songs of silence again this morning until the thunder started rolling in around 10a. I'd had enough silence for the day and packed it up.

I’m wondering the same thing. I’m in Northwest Tuscaloosa County and haven’t heard crap all season. I used to not pay much attention to all the “they’ll be done before season opens” comments, but I can’t help but wonder if that may be the case in my area this year.

I may be done for the season after this morning. I don’t mind birds kicking my tail but I’m not gonna keep wandering around the woods listening to nothing but crows and songbirds. Too many fish needing caught to deal with this crap.

There are exceptions out there but for the most part it starts winding down now everywhere I’ve ever hunted. I’m usually finished and hardly hunted last week of April. Dam May is crazy and it will be hot as usual. Government jacked our season dates up so in my opinion we miss some good gobbling especially if weather cooperates.