</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
F/S - Michelin Defender LTX-M/S Truck Tires
by Cuz-Pat. 09/12/24 10:50 PM
Free Atomic Fiest
by Shotts. 09/12/24 05:47 PM
For Sale this random thing
by Skinny. 09/12/24 11:42 AM
B&L elite 3000 scope
by burbank. 09/12/24 09:57 AM
For Sale
by Stickem. 09/12/24 05:25 AM
Serious Deer Talk
shooting house windows
by Tigger85. 09/12/24 10:26 PM
Buck Muffins…
by burbank. 09/12/24 09:46 PM
Alpaca socks
by Sasquatch Lives. 09/12/24 03:40 PM
I Bet They Get This Guy
by Bowhunter2011. 09/11/24 10:05 PM
Corn Prices
by cartervj. 09/10/24 08:33 PM
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for a fella on here
by BBD23. 09/11/24 02:03 PM
Lease bought by The Conservation Fund
by goin_out_west. 09/09/24 08:01 PM
Russell county club
by BryanfromAU. 09/08/24 11:06 AM
Greene County Club (Union) - Full Rights - Private
by DuckDown11. 08/29/24 02:36 PM
Coosa County Lease on AFOA
by PYhunter. 08/28/24 09:38 PM
Who's Online Now
74 registered members (Cuz-Pat, Gobble4me757, DThrash, BigA47, 1hunter, Marbury, UARandy3, Spec, BCLC, Dog, gregnbc, leroyb, JBrown1975, 3bailey3, jake5050, jwp0020, GmeHunter, sw1002, desertdog, MC21, Moose24, Forrestgump1, TDog93, AU338MAG, Cactus_buck, WINMAG300, doublefistful, trailertrash, Parkerwagner, Ridge Life, turkey247, AUdeer88, farmerjay, gmterry, crenshawco, ronfromramer, Engine5, BAR1225, Okatuppa, mzzy, ttsam, fish251, bamaeyedoc, Turkeyneck78, ColeT, jtillery, Dixiepatriot, GATA87, Ray_Coon, BradB, Koba, Hunting-231, walt4dun, foldemup, geeb1, AlabamaPhi, seminole1, GomerPyle, Joe4majors, Hester, Tigger85, fillmore, Noler_Swamp, Turberville, TravisBatey, sawdust, MountainTopHunter, 7 invisible), 250 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Pwyse] #4140720
06/01/24 01:02 AM
06/01/24 01:02 AM
Clayton, AL
B
BC_Reb Offline
10 point
BC_Reb  Offline
10 point
B
Clayton, AL
Originally Posted by Pwyse
This country is still the best country on this earth. If you don't believe me, go visit some others.

I used to love the confederate flag when I was young, but as I got older, I've wondered why anyone would be fond of it. I'm not talking about the racial stuff that comes along with it, but just the whole succession from the United States thing. Outside of the "heritage" and "my great great grandfather fought against the Yankees" what is the reasoning behind still wanting to fly that flag?

Serious question, not trying to start an argument or sound like a smart butt, I genuinely want to understand.

I went to Dixie Academy up until the 5th grade. Pretty much everyone older than me who runs things around here graduated from there. The rebel flag was on everything back when straight piped square body z71s were still out and about. I’ve never seen where it’s supposed to make people feel left out. I ended up going to lakeside after that and we took a field trip to Jamestown/Williamsburg, Va. A black man was running the tour and he taught us how many folks like him fought and died for the southern states. He loved the flag and that’s what his whole tour was about. When I started going to gw long everybody wore “Dixie outfitters” t shirts. Every color of folks. I say it was about 2003 when y’all started listening to the government and how y’all should think about such a flag? There was a push to make it bad and a lot of folks bit hook line etc

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Dragfan66] #4140721
06/01/24 01:24 AM
06/01/24 01:24 AM
Clayton, AL
B
BC_Reb Offline
10 point
BC_Reb  Offline
10 point
B
Clayton, AL

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Pwyse] #4140731
06/01/24 05:05 AM
06/01/24 05:05 AM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by jwalker77
Pwyse, the rainbow is a symbol God gave us when he destroyed all life on earth with water. It was his promise to us that he wouldnt do it again, that next time it would be by fire. Thats what the rainbow is and always has been since the first rainbow God put in the sky. I love rainbows. I take a picture of about every one i see. I pray my daughter is as fond of rainbows as i am. If she wants to put a rainbow sticker on her car, when she gets a car, thatll be just fine. It would be a fine opportunity to explain what rainbows really are and really mean to those ignorant enough to believe they are a symbol of an abomination such as homosexuality. God himself said those are worth of death as well as those who have pleasure in them. So we will just tell the truth about that matter.

It might be more effective if you tell them that they are worthy of Christ giving His life for them. That will probably resonate more with them. Especially since God himself said we are all worthy of death if we don't have Him. Not just the homos.

And it doesn't surprise me at all that you are fond of rainbows and I'm glad that you are. They mean a lot to me too.

If you can show me one place in the bible where it says any human is worthy of Jesuss death, that might be a good thing to tell a lost person. Problem is, its not in there. What i said is in there, that makes it the truth. Im just a big fan of the truth. If you want to lie to folks, go right ahead. Kinda odd i get criticized on here for not quoting the bible, just giving my opinion. Then i quote the bible and get told i shouldnt quote what the bible says, just give an opinion, that happens to be a lie. Thats the whole first chapter of Romans, particularly the last verse. Pretty sure theres some of the same thoughts in 1 Peter and Jude, several other places i guess. This is how God feels about homosexuality. My opinion really dont matter. How in the heck did homos sneak into a thread about our nations flags?

Last edited by jwalker77; 06/01/24 06:44 AM.
Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Dixiepatriot] #4140735
06/01/24 06:04 AM
06/01/24 06:04 AM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
12 point
Pwyse  Offline
12 point
P
Mobile, AL
Originally Posted by Dixiepatriot
I didn’t call you a coward but you’re admitting that you let homosexuals deny you the enjoyment of displaying rainbows. My ancestors fought under a flag like the one in my yard. They were brave and honorable men who fought in some of the fiercest battles ever fought. The man in my avatar was wounded at the bloody angle in Spotsylvainia. I fly it to honor them, because it’s a beautiful flag, and I like it. l’ll be damned if I’m gonna take it down because a bunch of racist assholes try to co-opt it. They also fly the Stars and Stripes.

You make a good point Dixie. The rebel flag means more to you than it does to me. I respect that choice of yours. Thanks for not being such a jerk and making your point civilly. My biggest deal about worrying what people think of me is my credibility with them in sharing the gospel. If I stop and help a black man change a tire on the side of the interstate, and I have a tee shirt with a rebel flag on it, and then try to share Jesus with them, they probably arent going to trust anything that I say. Same if I had a rainbow sticker or shirt that had someone flipping the bird or an FJB sticker.

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Dragfan66] #4140739
06/01/24 06:30 AM
06/01/24 06:30 AM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
12 point
Pwyse  Offline
12 point
P
Mobile, AL
Pwyse, the rainbow is a symbol God gave us when he destroyed all life on earth with water. It was his promise to us that he wouldnt do it again, that next time it would be by fire. Thats what the rainbow is and always has been since the first rainbow God put in the sky. I love rainbows. I take a picture of about every one i see. I pray my daughter is as fond of rainbows as i am. If she wants to put a rainbow sticker on her car, when she gets a car, thatll be just fine. It would be a fine opportunity to explain what rainbows really are and really mean to those ignorant enough to believe they are a symbol of an abomination such as homosexuality. God himself said those are worth of death as well as those who have pleasure in them. So we will just tell the truth about that matter.

It might be more effective if you tell them that they are worthy of Christ giving His life for them. That will probably resonate more with them. Especially since God himself said we are all worthy of death if we don't have Him. Not just the homos.

And it doesn't surprise me at all that you are fond of rainbows and I'm glad that you are. They mean a lot to me too.

If you can show me one place in the bible where it says any human is worthy of Jesuss death, that might be a good thing to tell a lost person. Problem is, it's not in there. What i said is in there, that makes it the truth. Im just a big fan of the truth. If you want to lie to folks, go right ahead. Kinda odd i get criticized on here for not quoting the bible, just giving my opinion. Then i quote the bible and get told i shouldnt quote what the bible says, just give an opinion, that happens to be a lie. Thats the whole first chapter of Romans, particularly the last verse. Pretty sure theres some of the same thoughts in 1 Peter and Jude, several other places i guess. This is how God feels about homosexuality. My opinion really dont matter. How in the heck did homos sneak into a thread about our nations flags?

I brought up the rainbow flag that's how it got here.

So let me get this straight, you don't believe that Jesus thought you were worth His death on the cross? You don't think God thinks you were worth the sacrifice of His Son? If He didn't think we were worthy of His death, why would he do it? He loved us enough and wanted a relationship with us enough to suffer the cross.

We are God's most prized possession and creation. We are the apple of his eye. He thinks we are worthy of His death for sure.

Our worth and what we deserve are two very different things.

Also, I THINK the verse you are talking about is in Leviticus. Praise the Lord we are not under the law anymore. No sacrifices anymore. Is it a sin? Of course. Is it an abomination? All sin is. Do we kill homos anymore? Of course not. No more than we chop off hands or sacrifice goats. Should we love homos and do all we can to lead them to Christ? Absolutely. And it's hard. I've done it. It's messy. It would be a lot easier to just say you are an abomination to the Lord, get out of our church. But that is not what we are called to do. Love has to come first. Without love it's all just clanking cymbals.

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Dragfan66] #4140748
06/01/24 07:00 AM
06/01/24 07:00 AM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
mathews prostaff  Offline
4 point
M
dora alabama
it's my fault jwalker77. I'm the one that brought up the Bible fist. sorry not sorry.

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Dragfan66] #4140752
06/01/24 07:21 AM
06/01/24 07:21 AM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Pwyse, my opinion dont matter. Look up the definition of "grace". That should answer your question. And again, if you can show it to me out of the bible, i will believe it. But your opinion just dont matter, like mine. And if your opinion goes against what the bible says, youre dead wrong 100% of the time

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: jwalker77] #4140761
06/01/24 07:39 AM
06/01/24 07:39 AM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
12 point
Pwyse  Offline
12 point
P
Mobile, AL
Pwyse, my opinion dont matter. Look up the definition of "grace". That should answer your question. And again, if you can show it to me out of the bible, i will believe it. But your opinion just dont matter, like mine. And if your opinion goes against what the bible says, youre dead wrong 100% of the time

I agree 100%. It's not my opinion. The Bible supports everything I said. What I said does not go against anything in the Bible.

I know what grace is. I know that as sinners we DESERVE death. Because we are WORTH more to God than what we deserve. He gave us GRACE because of our worth and value to Him.

I'm not sure how else to explain it. Maybe think about it like this. Say your son did something and deserves death, but you love him so much that you take his punishment for him. To you, he is worthy of your sacrifice. If you didn't think he was worth it, you obviously wouldn't have done it.

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Dragfan66] #4140778
06/01/24 08:22 AM
06/01/24 08:22 AM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Pwyse, i ask one more time, please show me one place where the bible says any human is "worthy of Christ giving his life". Those were your exact words and you go on to say the bible backs it up. Please show me where the bible backs up that statement. By definition, "grace" means we did not get what we deserved but rather Christ gave us what was his. I know you want so much to believe in inclusion, because thats what the world is teaching. But the bible plainly says it is not of works, which means no human can earn it. It says we were all born into sin, then sin brings death. It says no man is good, no not one. It says we all fall short. Also let the word of God be the truth and every man a liar. So theres several quotes out of the bible proving no man is worthy of Christs death. Will you please show me one place in the bible that states otherwise? To be honest, i didnt even read all that you said because i havent got past that first false statement.

Last edited by jwalker77; 06/01/24 08:24 AM.
Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Dragfan66] #4140779
06/01/24 08:35 AM
06/01/24 08:35 AM
kyles
K
kyles Offline
8 point
kyles  Offline
8 point
K
kyles
Pwyse you make good points about not offending to be an effective witness. But I think you don't understand jwalkers point. He is trying to make the point no man is worthy of Jesus death on the cross we deserve nothing but he gave us it all. This plan was in the bible since Genesis I can tell you know the scriptures by your posts and I may be wrong reading his post but i think that is right

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: BC_Reb] #4140783
06/01/24 08:47 AM
06/01/24 08:47 AM
Satsuma
kodiak06 Offline
Booner
kodiak06  Offline
Booner
Satsuma
Originally Posted by BC_Reb
This country is still the best country on this earth. If you don't believe me, go visit some others.

I used to love the confederate flag when I was young, but as I got older, I've wondered why anyone would be fond of it. I'm not talking about the racial stuff that comes along with it, but just the whole succession from the United States thing. Outside of the "heritage" and "my great great grandfather fought against the Yankees" what is the reasoning behind still wanting to fly that flag?

Serious question, not trying to start an argument or sound like a smart butt, I genuinely want to understand.

I went to Dixie Academy up until the 5th grade. Pretty much everyone older than me who runs things around here graduated from there. The rebel flag was on everything back when straight piped square body z71s were still out and about. I’ve never seen where it’s supposed to make people feel left out. I ended up going to lakeside after that and we took a field trip to Jamestown/Williamsburg, Va. A black man was running the tour and he taught us how many folks like him fought and died for the southern states. He loved the flag and that’s what his whole tour was about. When I started going to gw long everybody wore “Dixie outfitters” t shirts. Every color of folks. I say it was about 2003 when y’all started listening to the government and how y’all should think about such a flag? There was a push to make it bad and a lot of folks bit hook line etc

I see where ya coming from, but you're really secluded if you think that flag's not offensive to most blacks in todays climate. Old school black dudes have a different view but they're outnumbered today.

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Dragfan66] #4140784
06/01/24 08:50 AM
06/01/24 08:50 AM
Satsuma
kodiak06 Offline
Booner
kodiak06  Offline
Booner
Satsuma
Now that there's an argument over the scripture and the "rebel" flag, I say at least 3 more pages...

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: kodiak06] #4140790
06/01/24 08:59 AM
06/01/24 08:59 AM
kyles
K
kyles Offline
8 point
kyles  Offline
8 point
K
kyles
[quote=kodiak06]Now that there's an argument over the scripture and the "rebel" flag, I say at least 3 more pages...[/ Just curious about your post are you poking fun? What is your opinion on the flag and the scriptures. The flag is important to people and some have different views. The scriptures are important to some people and some have different views. Tell us yours

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Dragfan66] #4140791
06/01/24 09:05 AM
06/01/24 09:05 AM
St. Clair County
Dragfan66 Offline OP
8 point
Dragfan66  Offline OP
8 point
St. Clair County
I started this thread to indicate my personal decision to pull The Flag instead of flying it upside down like a lot of folks around the country are doing right now.
I was just looking for alternative ideas.

Now our Confederate heritage and religious beliefs are getting this thread skewed into a bunch of hard feelings and opinions that are off topic.

Skinny - is it time to shut this thread down?

Don't confuse my user name with any sort of alphabet faggotry.

It only stands for drag racing, and Route 66 was my home track back in the day.
Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: kyles] #4140792
06/01/24 09:06 AM
06/01/24 09:06 AM
Satsuma
kodiak06 Offline
Booner
kodiak06  Offline
Booner
Satsuma
Originally Posted by kyles
[quote=kodiak06]Now that there's an argument over the scripture and the "rebel" flag, I say at least 3 more pages...[/ Just curious about your post are you poking fun? What is your opinion on the flag and the scriptures. The flag is important to people and some have different views. The scriptures are important to some people and some have different views. Tell us yours

How am I poking fun lol? its a flag thread turned religious argument, that's factual. to answer your question, I believe in GOD and I know the "rebel" flag is offensive to some but not me. I could care less if someone flys it, no skin off my back.
What else ya wanna know? I 'm white, weigh 194#, like to hunt and fish, and watch college football.

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Dragfan66] #4140794
06/01/24 09:09 AM
06/01/24 09:09 AM
Satsuma
kodiak06 Offline
Booner
kodiak06  Offline
Booner
Satsuma
Originally Posted by Dragfan66
I started this thread to indicate my personal decision to pull The Flag instead of flying it upside down like a lot of folks around the country are doing right now.

I still fly mine but, your decision to not fly it is a personal choice and no one should give you any grief over it.

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Dragfan66] #4140796
06/01/24 09:10 AM
06/01/24 09:10 AM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by Dragfan66

Now our Confederate heritage and religious beliefs are getting this thread skewed into a bunch of hard feelings and opinions that are off topic.

Skinny - is it time to shut this thread down?

I dont have any hard feelings in either matter

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Dragfan66] #4140800
06/01/24 09:16 AM
06/01/24 09:16 AM
kyles
K
kyles Offline
8 point
kyles  Offline
8 point
K
kyles
Kodiak I just wanted to see your point no offense meant. I was just pointing out you saying that it had become an aurgument and 3 pages. I did not no if you were poking fun at the 2. I was just interested in how you viewed it

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: kyles] #4140815
06/01/24 09:42 AM
06/01/24 09:42 AM
Satsuma
kodiak06 Offline
Booner
kodiak06  Offline
Booner
Satsuma
Originally Posted by kyles
Kodiak I just wanted to see your point no offense meant. I was just pointing out you saying that it had become an aurgument and 3 pages. I did not no if you were poking fun at the 2. I was just interested in how you viewed it

thumbup

Re: I refuse to fly the American Flag upside down. [Re: Dragfan66] #4140819
06/01/24 09:56 AM
06/01/24 09:56 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
quote=Pwyse]

That's a childish statement in an online discussion about flags. If I stand up for what I believe in, how does that make me a coward? I believe there is no reason that outweighs someone thinking I hate them (racism) if I'm thought of as a racist, how can anyone find value in what I say about Jesus? Like I said it's your right to do what you want. I just wanted to know what the reason was. So far, no one has presented a good reason to fly it. A good reason to me anyways. But it is your right, I respect that right, I would die for that right if my country asked me to do so. It's what makes America great. I can tell it's a sore subject with a lot of yall. But I was genuinely asking for reasons that you fly it... so maybe I could say yeah that reason is worth being labeled as a racist.

On person even said I fly it as a big FU to the government. Well it's the battle flag of a failed country which had a failed government. So... FU American government! I'm gonna fly this flag of this other government... that you beat in a war. Yeah I don't really see the logic there.

And if you guys think I'm a liberal because I don't believe in the rebel flag yall are crazy. Jeez y'all went down that road fast. I love my country, I love Jesus, I love people of all colors (whether they work hard or whether they live off the government... because that's what God tells us to do) I don't like people that jump to crazy conclusions and call people names on a forum. It makes no sense. Any person that knows me in real life (not this ALdeer screen life) know what kind of person I am.

[/quote]
That's cool. You've been nothing but respectful in your questions. And I understand your reasoning. But the banner flag for the klan is the blood drop cross. They flew the Confederate flag as well. They also flew the American flag too. The same folks that declared the confederate flag stands for racism will also claim the American flag stands for racism and oppression. I don't let other dictate my beliefs.
The rainbow is a good example of folks taking a symbol and trying to change the meaning. We shouldn't let them control the perception of our symbols. That is their intention. They'll try to take out flag, our god and love for one another if we let them

Last edited by goodman_hunter; 06/01/24 09:56 AM.

For without victory, there is no survival
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.