Quote:
If they'll pattern better than what I'm using, I'll spend the money.

jmj120 the patterns the denser than lead stuff will give you are the reason I and most people shoot them. Back when I was using lead I cannot tell you how many different chokes and shells I tried in 4 different guns attempting to get what most consider a good pattern at 40 yards. Maybe I was just unlucky but I never found a number 4 or 5 shell that threw a good pattern to that distance. I found one lead shell (Win Supreme 6's) that would consistent put around 100 pellets inside 10 inches at 40 yards but lead 6's are really running out of steam at 40 yards.

Now compare that to the Hevi-13 6's I use now. They consistently put at or above 200 pellets inside ten inches at 40 yards. That's twice the pattern density of the lead shell. And they are definitely not on the fading edge of their killing power at that distance either. Worth the extra money to me for that much difference in performance. You betcha. It's not like I'm going on a dove shoot with them. If I limit out in a turkey season that's 5 shells.

The best index to a person’s character is (a) how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can’t fight back.
- Abigail van Buren