</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
TC Encore 50 Cal barrel w/forend and scope
by Liberty. 09/19/24 10:31 PM
LH PSE Hunting Bow - Loaded
by Smitty4Bama. 09/19/24 09:39 PM
Crossbow
by jsubrett6. 09/19/24 08:00 PM
Looking for a few rifles
by extreme heights hunter. 09/19/24 05:35 PM
Shadow hunter elevation brackets
by Sully. 09/19/24 02:20 PM
Serious Deer Talk
9 Days
by Jdkprp70. 09/19/24 11:22 PM
Corn Prices
by Okatuppa. 09/19/24 11:09 PM
Mega Giant Hit The Kansas Dirt Last Night
by Okatuppa. 09/19/24 11:08 PM
Rifle deer hunt recommendations
by AU338MAG. 09/19/24 10:55 PM
Stray dogs
by PYhunter. 09/19/24 09:56 PM
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Fayette County Club
by Smoke_Diver. 09/18/24 08:41 PM
Looking for a fella on here
by BBD23. 09/11/24 02:03 PM
Lease bought by The Conservation Fund
by goin_out_west. 09/09/24 08:01 PM
Russell county club
by BryanfromAU. 09/08/24 11:06 AM
Greene County Club (Union) - Full Rights - Private
by DuckDown11. 08/29/24 02:36 PM
Who's Online Now
30 registered members (BigA47, coosabuckhunter, Obsession, Flyliner, fur_n_feathers, Young20, mossyback, hayman, capehorn24, OlTimer, bodock, kpswihart, BCLC, bhammedic84, Dragfan66, MCW, !shiloh!, scrape, tombo51, dquick1, UA Hunter, janiemae, Tree Dweller, Luxfisher, brushwhacker, jallencrockett, Mike32, NoHuntin, 2 invisible), 957 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback] #619501
07/05/13 07:22 AM
07/05/13 07:22 AM
Near the Trussell
BPS Offline
10 point
BPS  Offline
10 point
Near the Trussell
Back in the late 70's, early 80's a couple of my relatives were poaching on a big land owners Bain Henderson's property in Wilcox Co. No doubt they were being stupid. As soon as they got up in the treestand, they heard someone scream, "Alright you Son of a Bitches come outta there"! They climb down and go over to the truck. There stood the game warden, 2 black policeman and 2 of Hendersons sons. They had beaten the metal on the truck to a pulp with a baseball bat, flattened tires, busted windows and stole a 22 rifle and a crown royal bag full of quarters. There wasnt a whole lot said once they got back to the truck. My relative told the officers that yes we are poaching, write me a ticket or take me to jail but what are you going to do about what the sons did my truck? All of the officers that were there said "we aint seen nothing". They loaded my 2 relatives up took them back to the state park where they were staying. The cop did let them stop at a convient store for beer before dropping them off at Roland Cooper SP. My relatives truck had to be towed back to Birmingham for all repairs. Cost him around $2000. My relative that owned the truck called the prosecutor and asked him about pressing charges for damages done to his truck and the prosecutor replied, " Sir, if you ever plan on coming back to Wilcox County, I would recommend you not pursue any charges against Mr. BH." My relative clearly understood what that meant and that was the end of it. Not to say they were not in the wrong because clearly they were. But from what it appeared, those LEO were all in the landowners back pockets. It was also rumored that the landowner had killed a couple poachers after their incident. Apparently Wilcox Co is like one of those one horse towns you see on TV.

Last edited by BPS; 07/05/13 07:28 AM.

If your decoy doesnt have holes in it, your not letting him get close enough... J.H.

"Life lessons are almost never found where you think they should be, sometimes they're in the middle of a small, muddy creek in the woods with steep banks"... DeadorAlive
Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback] #619511
07/05/13 07:43 AM
07/05/13 07:43 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
It takes a special kind of stupid to poach on any Henderson property in Wilcox Co. From other stories I've heard I'd say they got off light.

I hunted for years with Fred Henderson, Bains oldest son, before his untimely death in a truck wreck. I had keys to all the Henderson land in Wilcox with permission to hunt it anytime I wanted, just call and let him know I was going.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback] #619520
07/05/13 07:53 AM
07/05/13 07:53 AM
Near the Trussell
BPS Offline
10 point
BPS  Offline
10 point
Near the Trussell
No doubt they were stupid. And I would say that it worked because they never stepped foot on his property again.

If your decoy doesnt have holes in it, your not letting him get close enough... J.H.

"Life lessons are almost never found where you think they should be, sometimes they're in the middle of a small, muddy creek in the woods with steep banks"... DeadorAlive
Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: extreme heights hunter] #619529
07/05/13 08:11 AM
07/05/13 08:11 AM
Holly Pond, AL
NightHunter Offline
10 point
NightHunter  Offline
10 point
Holly Pond, AL
Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter
I guess neither of you are going to elaborate on this?

Lets just say nothing good happens after dark in Wilcox County. Being a landowner there just makes you have to deal with all the crap. Crooked aint the word...

Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: BPS] #619533
07/05/13 08:14 AM
07/05/13 08:14 AM
Warrior River Country
49er Offline
Booner
49er  Offline
Booner
Warrior River Country
Here's a link to a news article about Bain Henderson's trial hearing for killing Herman Wayne Adams, a Midfield man who was on his property:

Court hearing marked by judge/DA wrangling: Tuscaloosa News December 16, 1981

link to article *** click here ***

I remember reading about the incident in our Bham papers at the time it happened.

Here's Mr. Henderson's Obituary:
Quote:
Fred Bain Henderson

Fred Bain Henderson, 78, of Millers Ferry, died at his home February 6, 2004.

He is survived by his wife, Elizabeth Liddell Henderson, three sons, Thomas Ervin (Sandra) Henderson; Samuel James (Vivian) Henderson; Timothy Kevin (Raylaine) Henderson; all of Millers Ferry; one daughter, Sara Henderson (Lee) Moore of Lake Jordan; a stepson, Stephen Williams (Marie) Hixon III, Montgomery; a stepdaughter Laura Hixon (David) Darden, Millbrook; two sisters, Hettie Henderson Harrington, Montgomery; Marjorie Bruce Henderson, Camden and 14 grandchildren.

Mr. Henderson was preceded in death by a son, Fred Henderson II and a wife, Mary Ann Cunningham Henderson of Millers Ferry.

Bain Henderson graduated high school from Marion Military Institute in 1943, volunteered for the Marine Corps and served in the South Pacific during WWII. He was honorably discharged as a corporal in 1945. He graduated from Auburn University in 1949 with a degree in Agriculture and was a member of the Sigma Nu Fraternity. Bain Henderson was a lifetime member of the Wild Turkey Federation, Southeastern Livestock Exposition, Auburn Alumni Association and the American Quarterhorse Association.

Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback] #619538
07/05/13 08:33 AM
07/05/13 08:33 AM
Near the Trussell
BPS Offline
10 point
BPS  Offline
10 point
Near the Trussell
looks like he murdered the guy in cold blood. Was he aquitted or found guilty?

Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback] #619540
07/05/13 08:35 AM
07/05/13 08:35 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
found not guilty....

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: BhamFred] #619556
07/05/13 08:48 AM
07/05/13 08:48 AM
Warrior River Country
49er Offline
Booner
49er  Offline
Booner
Warrior River Country
Jury aquits wealthy landowner: Gadsden Times April, 1982

**** click here ****

Children testify in murder trial:

**** here ****

Authorities crack down on illegal deer hunting:

*** here ****

Slaying victim drunk:

*** here ***

Wilcox man indicted:

*** here ***

Last edited by 49er; 07/05/13 08:57 AM.
Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback] #619584
07/05/13 09:45 AM
07/05/13 09:45 AM
Near the Trussell
BPS Offline
10 point
BPS  Offline
10 point
Near the Trussell
As to no supprise, the same mentioned relatives were regular night hunters in Wilcox county. They were good at it, though and never got caught. Shoot a bunch of deer at night. Go back the next day and pull over on side of the road where they shot. Throw the hood up on the truck or let air out of a tire. One guy stays with and appears to be working on the truck while the others track or drag the deer. Def not saying I agree with their actions but they did have it down to a science. As wrong as it was, they did not shoot deer only to cut the head gear off. If they killed it and recovered it, they cleaned it and ate it. Same mentioned guys grew up and are very much within the law nowadays.

Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: BPS] #619594
07/05/13 09:59 AM
07/05/13 09:59 AM
alex city
oakachoy Offline
12 point
oakachoy  Offline
12 point
alex city
Originally Posted By: BPS
As to no supprise, the same mentioned relatives were regular night hunters in Wilcox county. They were good at it, though and never got caught. Shoot a bunch of deer at night. Go back the next day and pull over on side of the road where they shot. Throw the hood up on the truck or let air out of a tire. One guy stays with and appears to be working on the truck while the others track or drag the deer. Def not saying I agree with their actions but they did have it down to a science. As wrong as it was, they did not shoot deer only to cut the head gear off. If they killed it and recovered it, they cleaned it and ate it. Same mentioned guys grew up and are very much within the law nowadays.

Sounds to me like T and T H. collected long overdue club fee. 2000 worth of truck damage is small price for their club dues...meat hunting yeah i bet

WM Hunter "Trump literally sacrificed himself, his family and all of his businesses for this country.
He literally is a true American hero. And True American Patriot - warts and all."
Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: oakachoy] #619602
07/05/13 10:07 AM
07/05/13 10:07 AM
Near the Trussell
BPS Offline
10 point
BPS  Offline
10 point
Near the Trussell
Originally Posted By: oakachoy
Originally Posted By: BPS

Sounds to me like T and T H. collected long overdue club fee. 2000 worth of truck damage is small price for their club dues...meat hunting yeah i bet

Not T & TH.. Your right too... They shot them all, big and small. But like I said, at least they had the decensey to eat what they killedrather than cutting the head off and leaving it on side of the road like we have all seen before. And you know what they say about karma. It did finally catch up to them.

Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: BhamFred] #619627
07/05/13 10:49 AM
07/05/13 10:49 AM
Bham
D
Dallas County Offline
Booner
Dallas County  Offline
Booner
D
Bham
Originally Posted By: BhamFred
It takes a special kind of stupid to poach on any Henderson property in Wilcox Co. From other stories I've heard I'd say they got off light.

I hunted for years with Fred Henderson, Bains oldest son, before his untimely death in a truck wreck. I had keys to all the Henderson land in Wilcox with permission to hunt it anytime I wanted, just call and let him know I was going.

You probably hunted Bains part, not Jimmy's. they split the place up I think in the late 60's. I hunted on Jimmy's tracts all through the 70s and we did a lot of the crop control shootings for several years in the 80s. Between the Hendersons, Martins and Childers they had some of the very best hunting land in the south.

not sure what the best way to handle them is but they shouldnt be on tv and gettn married and raisin kids

Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback] #619644
07/05/13 11:21 AM
07/05/13 11:21 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
yes, Bains land, sorry. I turkey hunted Ralph and Miss Olivia Martins tract off Hwy 41 going up to Selma. I hunted next to Roy Childers place in the 70's, actually both sides of it, and hog hunted there in the 90's. Childers place in the early 70's was an amazing place.

proud Cracker-Americaan

Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback] #619746
07/05/13 03:29 PM
07/05/13 03:29 PM
Bham
D
Dallas County Offline
Booner
Dallas County  Offline
Booner
D
Bham
Little Ralph might be one of my favorites. There was a GW down there back then that was tall and skinny and would write his mamma a ticket if need be. He was dry as hell, but I always liked him. He always came over to the Childers when we had to drive deer for all the members.

not sure what the best way to handle them is but they shouldnt be on tv and gettn married and raisin kids

Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback] #619755
07/05/13 03:39 PM
07/05/13 03:39 PM
Thomasville, AL
H
Hogwild Offline
Booner
Hogwild  Offline
Booner
H
Thomasville, AL
I spent a lot of time with Mr. Bain fooling with cows and horses.

He was NOT a man to 'F' with, though!

Say what you want, if people would take care of their business the way he did.....there would be a lot less crime.

Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: Hogwild] #619762
07/05/13 03:48 PM
07/05/13 03:48 PM
Bham
D
Dallas County Offline
Booner
Dallas County  Offline
Booner
D
Bham
Originally Posted By: Hogwild
I spent a lot of time with Mr. Bain fooling with cows and horses.

He was NOT a man to 'F' with, though!

Say what you want, if people would take care of their business the way he did.....there would be a lot less crime.

There could be a couple of asterisks in that quote.

Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback] #619790
07/05/13 05:01 PM
07/05/13 05:01 PM
SW Alabama
W
woodsrider Offline
4 point
woodsrider  Offline
4 point
W
SW Alabama
My granddaddy has been gone now for many years, so unfortunately there are stories that I will never hear about Lummy Jenkins. I understand he kept law and order in Wilcox County back in his day.

Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback] #619791
07/05/13 05:02 PM
07/05/13 05:02 PM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
I carried "little" Ralph on one of his first turkey hunts over on the Hwy 41 property, David Gaston called it the Gene Watts Place(I think). I talked to Ralph many years later when I got the Governors award for Conservation Office of The Year at a banquet in Montgomery.

Danny, I saw Mr Bain knock a big black man horizontal(and out) in front of the Bassmaster Inn in Camden on spring morning. Put his hands on Mr Bain when he shouldn't of....

proud Cracker-Americaan

Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback] #619802
07/05/13 05:29 PM
07/05/13 05:29 PM
Satsuma, AL
R
Robert D. Offline
12 point
Robert D.  Offline
12 point
R
Satsuma, AL
Word I got was Mr Bain took the rap for his WIFE having killed the man they caught night hunting. In front of his wife and small children I might add.

My sources say he/she/they got off not by having Wilcox law enforcement in his pocket but by having one of the best defense lawyers in the history of this part of the world, Wyman Gilmore.

While we're on the subject of Millers Ferry gossip, anyone else know the story of the man whose wife tried to have him killed? He's been mentioned in this thread.

Re: Wilcox Co. Deputy arrested for trafficking fake cocaine from Montgomery to Camden [Re: skintback] #619825
07/05/13 06:40 PM
07/05/13 06:40 PM
Camden,al
P
polywaug Offline
4 point
polywaug  Offline
4 point
P
Camden,al
The last comment is the closet to the truth but it wasn't in front of kids! Also Mr Bain and the guy were In a fight with mr Bain getting the worst end of it! Don't break into people property and get into a fight and not expect bad things happen. I'm not saying he/she was in the right but it was far from cold blooded murder. 4 generations of my grand parents were Sheriffs in Wilcox county and we have always been close friends with the Henderson's but all this crap about anyone having the Sheriff In their back pocket is crap! now today that might be different but when my grand father was in office that wasn't the case! So all I'm trying to get across just because the county is ran by a bunch of crooks today doesn't mean that was the case years ago!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.