</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Honda Pioneer 1000
by rutwad. 09/16/24 02:18 PM
FS: 28” H&K stamped Super Black Eagle
by Luvbowhuntn. 09/16/24 11:52 AM
Ruger New Single six 22lr
by Bows4evr. 09/16/24 09:11 AM
ATV Rims needed
by limabean. 09/16/24 08:31 AM
440C hammered finish gut hook Sambar stag FOR SALE
by Skullworks. 09/16/24 08:21 AM
Serious Deer Talk
ATV Drag
by Stoney. 09/16/24 02:00 PM
Liquid lime
by Rainbowstew. 09/16/24 09:35 AM
Corn Prices
by cgardner. 09/15/24 06:32 PM
Hunter's Education Class
by desertdog. 09/15/24 05:25 PM
One door closes
by Pwyse. 09/14/24 10:21 PM
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for a fella on here
by BBD23. 09/11/24 02:03 PM
Lease bought by The Conservation Fund
by goin_out_west. 09/09/24 08:01 PM
Russell county club
by BryanfromAU. 09/08/24 11:06 AM
Greene County Club (Union) - Full Rights - Private
by DuckDown11. 08/29/24 02:36 PM
Coosa County Lease on AFOA
by PYhunter. 08/28/24 09:38 PM
Who's Online Now
147 registered members (TexasHuntress, bfoote, RockFarmer, CouchNapper, BigA47, Daniel4191, Rip Wheeler, AU coonhunter, donia, Mjh97, canichols424, Chaser357, Paint Rock 00, Turkeyneck78, Lvlhdd, rutwad, hawndog, Jwoods32, rockhunter, AU67Skeeter, Okatuppa, MarksOutdoors, Chipnalong, ALMODUX, Bulls eye, goodman_hunter, CarbonClimber1, DryFire, crenshawco, jwalker77, Aldecks1, Geeb, Red Fox, Fatboyslim, Jweeks, odocoileus, outdoorguy88, Bandit635, SwampHunter, Haybale, AU7MM08, Semo, Peach, Marengo hunter, mossyback, Dog, Chancetribe, hippi, dave260rem!, FHunt, crocker, Floorman1, Goatkiller, Young20, ferbama, Coosa1, Scout1621, blazer625, bamapanic, bama_earl, Squadron77, Cuz-Pat, AUjerbear, Treelimb, Bigem1958, jake5050, BhamFred, salock, clayk, Swamp Monkey, Strictlybow, FastXD, Hamil007, BD, Joe4majors, desertdog, seapro19, Luvbowhuntn, Buck2020, effinacotton, Tree Dweller, SC53, Pwyse, ParrotHead89, PossumPecker, BBD23, Shaneomac2, eclipse829, bamafarmer, centralala, Gobble4me757, biglmbass, RSF, Big Game Hunter, hallb, MC21, tnob, Stoney, dquick1, TCG5, jaderhold, 7PTSPREAD, BC_Reb, hamma, CKyleC, BCD, jlbuc10, ImThere, chrismims, Jstocks, Mennen34, dagwood, Fattyfireplug, Shmoe, janiemae, MikeP, courseup, 007, Alb, Showout, Remington270, doc bar, CNC, TurkeyJoe, TravisBatey, Bows4evr, Chiller, 1shot, Fullthrottle, Reaper, Spotchaser8, abolt300, rwh1, 14 invisible), 651 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: MTeague] #647352
08/12/13 02:39 AM
08/12/13 02:39 AM
Clay-Trussville area
Big Al Offline
12 point
Big Al  Offline
12 point
Clay-Trussville area
I've tried to listen to their show a few times, but never cared for it. I'm sure their good guys, but don't care for their type of what they call radio entertainment.

"Said I never had much use for one; never said I didn't know how to use it".
-Matthew Quigley in "Quigley Down Under"
Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: MTeague] #647354
08/12/13 02:42 AM
08/12/13 02:42 AM
Sweet Home Alabama
H
hosscat Offline
10 point
hosscat  Offline
10 point
H
Sweet Home Alabama
I listen to them every morning, my only grip is I wish they had less commercials, but I understand thats how they get paid. I personally share their views on everything that I can think of. Great clean entertainment.

Can't listen to Lex and Terry more than a minute without feeling convicted.

Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: MTeague] #647432
08/12/13 04:16 AM
08/12/13 04:16 AM
Lincoln, Alabama
B
blumsden Offline
12 point
blumsden  Offline
12 point
B
Lincoln, Alabama
They're ok, a little silly for me. I can't stand how they talk over one another, trying to be funny. Politics, isn't quiet as easy as they make out.

Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: MTeague] #647469
08/12/13 04:58 AM
08/12/13 04:58 AM
Cullman, AL
R
Ryano Offline
10 point
Ryano  Offline
10 point
R
Cullman, AL
I am not a musical person so I listen to talk as much as I can. Rick and Bubba will be playing on my radio if they are in range. I am often tempted to call in and ask them not to have adler on. I guess they are trying to play to other crowds when they have bits with him? As for them not being the great outdoorsman they seem to remind me of my dad. He once was as avid an outdoorsman as I am but he no longer lives it as he once did. He knows all the ins and outs (taught me most of what I know) but he doesnt hunt or fish anymore unless it is a business or family outing.

Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: Skullworks] #647480
08/12/13 05:13 AM
08/12/13 05:13 AM
Hoover
burbank Offline
Booner
burbank  Offline
Booner
Hoover

Originally Posted By: Skullworks
Originally Posted By: hunterbuck
Thank God for satellite radio so there is something better to listen to than those two embarrassments.

Clarify?

I think I know his reason...and it has to do with their football allegiance.

R&B are stand up men of faith. I am amazed at how anyone could call them an embarrassment.

Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: burbank] #647484
08/12/13 05:17 AM
08/12/13 05:17 AM
Mobile Alabama
TChunter Offline
Booner
TChunter  Offline
Booner
Mobile Alabama
Originally Posted By: burbank

R&B are stand up men of faith. I am amazed at how anyone could call them an embarrassment.

i woiuld agree. The way in which Rick handled the loss of his son was nothing less than God inspired and a miracle. I dont know if I could do that.

With that said I do agree with some comments about their political views and hunting as well. They seem more like the type to have folks do most of the work on their land and just sit in a shooting house. I know they are very busy running a business though.

Also, Rick is noticeably more arrogant than he was just 10 years ago IMO.

On the Eighth day God created flounder.
Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: TChunter] #647487
08/12/13 05:23 AM
08/12/13 05:23 AM
Hoover
burbank Offline
Booner
burbank  Offline
Booner
Hoover

Originally Posted By: TChunter

I would be arrogant too. Do you realize how people act (see this thread) towards you once you have success? They are envious and jealous. That would change me too having to deal with pricks...

Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: burbank] #647493
08/12/13 05:31 AM
Panhandle Florida
PaschalBD Offline
Used to be TiderBD
PaschalBD  Offline
Used to be TiderBD
Panhandle Florida

I would be arrogant too. Do you realize how people act (see this thread) towards you once you have success? They are envious and jealous. That would change me too having to deal with pricks...

Holy crap!! I agree with Burbank. laugh

A servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.

USAF Veteran
Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: MTeague] #647495
Mobile Alabama
TChunter Offline
Booner
TChunter  Offline
Booner
Mobile Alabama
I get what you're saying but I know a few people that could buy R&B 5x over and they arent that way.

On the Eighth day God created flounder.
Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: TChunter] #647501
08/12/13 05:34 AM
08/12/13 05:34 AM
Panhandle Florida
PaschalBD Offline
Used to be TiderBD
PaschalBD  Offline
Used to be TiderBD
Panhandle Florida
I get what you're saying but I know a few people that could buy R&B 5x over and they arent that way.

How many of those few deal with the general public like they do. I think they handle it pretty well myself.

By the way, I deal with the general public allot and I've got two words for you....PEOPLE SUCK!!!!

Last edited by tiderbd; 08/12/13 05:36 AM.

USAF Veteran
Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: burbank] #647637
08/12/13 07:58 AM
08/12/13 07:58 AM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL

Thank God for satellite radio so there is something better to listen to than those two embarrassments.

Clarify?

Surprise, surprise...your assumption is wrong again. Football doesn't rule my life, as it apparently does yours, since that's your first thought about my "reasons".

I don't find humor in them, although I haven't listened to them in years...nothing but a bunch of silliness. Maybe they're better now. I don't know, and don't plan on finding out. They're two overweight rednecks, who take pride in being overweight rednecks. They are exactly the stereotype that others envision Alabama residents to be, and they embrace it and flaunt it. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. Y'all take pride in it if you want.

So they're men of faith...so am I. I don't need to listen to a show I don't care for or find humorous simply because they express faith on the radio. How many folks in this thread alone who state R&B's faith as a reason for listening haven't darkened the door of a church in years...or "take a break" from going during hunting season?

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?
Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: hunterbuck] #647642
08/12/13 08:09 AM
08/12/13 08:09 AM
Hoover
burbank Offline
Booner
burbank  Offline
Booner
Hoover

Clarify?

Surprise, surprise...your assumption is wrong again. Football doesn't rule my life, as it apparently does yours, since that's your first thought about my "reasons".

I don't find humor in them, although I haven't listened to them in years...nothing but a bunch of silliness. Maybe they're better now. I don't know, and don't plan on finding out. They're two overweight rednecks, who take pride in being overweight rednecks. They are exactly the stereotype that others envision Alabama residents to be, and they embrace it and flaunt it. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. Y'all take pride in it if you want.

So they're men of faith...so am I. I don't need to listen to a show I don't care for or find humorous simply because they express faith on the radio. How many folks in this thread alone who state R&B's faith as a reason for listening haven't darkened the door of a church in years...or "take a break" from going during hunting season?

My real first thought had nothing to do with football, just that you were an outright, miserable dude. The fact that they pull for Auburn is just the icing on the cake for you.

Sounds like you need to loosen up. Saying you dont like them is one thing, calling them an embarrassment is another.

Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: ] #647648
08/12/13 08:13 AM
08/12/13 08:13 AM
Panhandle Florida
PaschalBD Offline
Used to be TiderBD
PaschalBD  Offline
Used to be TiderBD
Panhandle Florida
Originally Posted By: ofwolfandman
Originally Posted By: tiderbd

How many of those few deal with the general public like they do. I think they handle it pretty well myself.

By the way, I deal with the general public allot and I've got two words for you....PEOPLE SUCK!!!!

I assure you that life will go on. grin

Even after your post. laugh

USAF Veteran
Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: burbank] #647650
08/12/13 08:14 AM
08/12/13 08:14 AM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL

Clarify?

My real first thought had nothing to do with football, just that you were an outright, miserable dude. The fact that they pull for Auburn is just the icing on the cake for you.

Sounds like you need to loosen up. Saying you dont like them is one thing, calling them an embarrassment is another.

I would contend that since my posts tend to bother you so much, that it's you who needs to loosen up. I certainly don't feel the need to label you, as you're trying your hardest to do with me.

Have you tried Google?
Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: hunterbuck] #647653
08/12/13 08:17 AM
08/12/13 08:17 AM
Hoover
burbank Offline
Booner
burbank  Offline
Booner
Hoover

Clarify?

I would contend that since my posts tend to bother you so much, that it's you who needs to loosen up. I certainly don't feel the need to label you, as you're trying your hardest to do with me.

But you certainly feel the need to label others (R&B) as redneck trash.

Irony. It's a beautiful thing.....

Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: burbank] #647661
08/12/13 08:24 AM
08/12/13 08:24 AM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL

Clarify?

But you certainly feel the need to label others (R&B) as redneck trash.

Irony. It's a beautiful thing.....

Who...other than you....said anything about trash?

They call themselves "fat men" and "rednecks". I never called them trash like you just did. If you have any problem with that, take it up with them.

You calling them trash, however...you'll have to look inside yourself for that one.

Have you tried Google?
Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: ] #647964
08/12/13 01:45 PM
08/12/13 01:45 PM
Panhandle Florida
PaschalBD Offline
Used to be TiderBD
PaschalBD  Offline
Used to be TiderBD
Panhandle Florida

I assure you that life will go on. grin

Even after your post. laugh

I want the last word, dad-nab-it!!!

YOU SUCK!!! laugh

Nope...I'm gonna get the last word. I suck ti-s, cli-s and beer cans. thumbup

USAF Veteran
Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: MTeague] #647981
08/12/13 01:52 PM
08/12/13 01:52 PM
Winfield
R
rst87 Offline
8 point
rst87  Offline
8 point
R
Winfield
Where can you pull the willie and wanda story up, I want my wife to hear it

"Life is hard; It's harder if you're stupid" John Wayne
Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: ] #648250
08/12/13 04:49 PM
08/12/13 04:49 PM
Phenix City, Al.
DeerTracker Offline
10 point
DeerTracker  Offline
10 point
Phenix City, Al.
I like to listen to Rick and Bubba. Their program is entertaining and I listen when traveling around the state on my job when i can find them. Very strong Christian faith and testimony and neither is afraid to express it on their show.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Re: Rick & Bubba [Re: hunterbuck] #648273
08/12/13 05:09 PM
08/12/13 05:09 PM
Falkville
MTeague Offline OP
14 point
MTeague  Offline OP
14 point
Falkville

Clarify?

Pathetic loser!!! Not an opinion but a FACT

I had much rather be tried by twelve than carried to my grave by six!!!!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.