Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Originally Posted By: bwhunter
Originally Posted By: theolgoat
I'll have a timber cruisers ass put in jail along with anybody else i catch on it, its at the end of a road private and posted. The only people with any business on it is myself or my family.

To be clear, you own this property, right? Or your family are the only ones that have permission to be on it.
There's a big difference. If you are hunting another family member or friends land you better check with them before you go crazy about it.

Did they cut the chain next to your lock? Was the gate closed back when they left?
I have been threatened several times by people while I was working and they were not the landowner. Just a friend or had the land leased. Not everybody is out to get you or steal your stuff.

I agree , if you own it that does up the ante. I've worked with Foresters, timber cruisers and loggers and never seen one cut a land owners lock. That doesn't mean some wouldn't. I've delt with more than my share of trespassers. I have also went to a couples houses and had a chat, most got the message, one didn't and got an invitation to see Judge Grider.

olgoat, use your head,calm down, and if you go to their house you better be really calm and careful.

I own it what makes it so bad is the liability aspect of it. Someone trespasses walks down the road steps in a hole breaks an ankle and you're sued. Depending on how the judge looks at it you can loose everything. If you could have prevented the trespasser from breaking his ankle by filling the hole in they will hold you liable. It sucks That's why you have insurance though