>>>Spring season is only a function of hunter pleasure - they would rather kill one gobbling than in the fall - NO biological reason for it!<<<

Now wait a minute! I know better than to argue turkey biology with you, so this is probably just a question of semantics, but someone might not understand. Or maybe I am wrong; see if you disagree with this:

The spring gobbler is an excess bird in the flock. Seasons are set so that nearly all of the hens will be bred before the season even comes in. I've got to watch 2 being bred this spring, and that's the first time I've ever seen it more than once. Maybe the cold winter slowed them down a little?

At any rate, the gobblers job is pretty much done when the season starts. There won't be any more or less poults whether he lives or dies. If he dies, there will be plenty of other gobblers to take over for him next year. So from the standpoint of biology, this bird is the one to kill.

Doesn't that present a biological argument for a Spring season with a generous limit?

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.