</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
1st Gen Stainless M700 MTN FS
by ALMODUX. 05/17/24 09:23 PM
450 Marlin and Ranger boat
by 3006bullet. 05/17/24 06:35 PM
FS or Trade, Weatherby Orion 12GA O/U
by kaferhaus. 05/17/24 06:15 PM
High School or Junior High baseball bat $65
by toyota05. 05/17/24 04:16 PM
Saint Bernard
by Big AL 76. 05/17/24 03:22 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Research Update
by Ben2. 05/17/24 08:35 PM
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by marshmud991. 05/17/24 08:29 PM
research data base
by Frankie. 05/17/24 07:50 PM
Tennessee
by jawbone. 05/15/24 12:24 PM
Taxidermist called
by Big Game Hunter. 05/15/24 12:13 AM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Marengo County Club
by EarlPitts. 05/17/24 04:02 PM
Franklin county Al
by BigBuck10. 05/11/24 09:29 AM
Eastern Coosa County Hog
by Morris. 05/09/24 10:53 AM
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Who's Online Now
39 registered members (brassmagnet, BrentsFX4, PapaD, Shmoe, Obsession, kpswihart, Fl Panhandler, UABCPA, dave260rem!, Bronco 74, Jotjackson, Offshore, Paint Rock 00, low wall, GHTiger10, hamma, seapro19, mossyback, Dragfan66, Flyliner, bamafarmer, OutdoorsAL, Chaser357, Richard Cranium, Tree Dweller, coosabuckhunter, hoggin, Geezer, BBD23, specialk, turfarmer, 7mmSTW, m97, russellb, CatHeadBiscuit, AUtgr, 3 invisible), 823 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
ALTurkey Talk -- Beards and Spurs
5 hours ago
I never realized how wild the dust devils are out there, they look like the water spouts you’ll see in the gulf running hundreds of feet in the air. I took some videos but they might not be worth looking at. The duramax started pouring black smoke on our way back and we found that the boost tube had a big crack in it. No one we called had a replacement tube so we found a carquest and patched it up the best we could in their parking lot. Y’all should have seen them watching us fix that tube using jb weld, baling wire, duct tape, and a few hose clamps. That’s the pic worth looking at🤣 didn’t lose a lick of boost all the way home. The Lord sure looks after us.
12 628 Read More
6 hours ago
For the areas that have cicadas, the poults will be fatter when the hawks and owls eat them.
16 147 Read More
AL HOGS
7 hours ago
3 male 10 week old puppy's FREE
0 7 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
8 hours ago
I’m going to trip this one due to having a couple more 270s that actually get use, and Wes finished this one out to a nice hunting rifle….that I’m not going to even pull out of the safe to hunt. I got to looking around at my rifle affliction after picking up another today, and realized I really don’t do some of them any good as an owner. I’ve got too many other projects, too. LOL

1992 First run, stainless ADL mountain Rifle in 270. This one has been full length bedded in a Ti stock, that was filled/reenforced where needed and painted w/black texture. BY GUNDOC Still has the original synthetic stock on the side as well. I’ll get pics up in soon.

Will come bedded into factory Remington 700 Titanium Stock (B&C), original factory stock, and Warne? bases. Full price, you can have a Carbelite stock as well.

$1300 FTF

Marshall County/Huntsville Area.
0 160 Read More
8 hours ago
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by cartervj
The biggest thing I see and hear on episode 78 / 27:00

Dr Lashley mentions people want things to be in certainty and that if they mention things in probability that people equate that into certainty when it may not be
It’s a trait of humanity and I’m assuming he’s thinking of projection

That I agree with 100 %

I agree with what they’re saying for the most part but they still can’t answer with absolute certainty what’s causing the overall decline.

That’s the part I’m waiting on!

I don't remember the episode or even which one said it, but one of them said that we know that the problem is that even though poults are hatching out, most of them are being eaten. He was sort of joking when he said it, but that was the idea I got from watching the videos. I don't think you can ever know anything with "absolute certainty" regarding turkey populations, but these studies have shown what turkey biologists have been saying all my life - most nests get destroyed and most poults get eaten. Changes in the percentages of those things happening can make a population go up or down, but the population has always been dependent on the success in poult recruitment.

While that might seem simple, the solutions are not, especially when the biggest poult predator is fully protected by federal law. Improving the habitat so that poults can hide better has gotta help.

Ron always said turkeys come into this world looking for a way to die
Also heard that a turkey will eat anything and everything will eat a turkey.

I think I tried to make the same point on another thread, but in a more convoluted way. Basically a chain of events lead in different directions with just a slight deviation early on

I get where you’re coming from. I mean I’d not like someone messing with my world when it’s seems to be better than it was. I get that. I’m sure I’m rolling what I’ve seen happens to duck hunting and it feels similar to where turkey hunting is headed if not already there.

I’m tempted to tell of how today’s technology showed me on the fly how to maneuver on the birds I killed this year. Never been in those spots but was able to kill because of an app. Well I knew those birds when bumped don’t really go too far just had to circle around and get in the correct drain.

Used to we had to actually go on site and scout. Worn boot leather was one the keys to success. Now it’s computer time and one can learn every spot to look and very secret that may or may not work. Otherwise we used to meet in small groups at the parking of our local hunting store hangout. News traveled much slower and kept competition hunting at bay

Things really have changed and to me that is concerning
56 2,491 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
9 hours ago
PMs replied. This truck was running the last time I messed with it. But the transmission was having issues so I pulled it and that is as far as I got.
8 813 Read More
Serious Deer Talk Forum
9 hours ago
Originally Posted by Steve Ditchkoff
Originally Posted by cartervj
Originally Posted by abolt300
Summary based on what I was able to skim through in 5 min at lunch, one study shows that roughly 18-20% of bucks in the study succumbed to a mortality cause other than a bullet or broadhead with doe natural mortality be nominal compared to bucks . The other study showed that deer dont like human pressure. With that said, it showed that does are more tolerant of it than bucks, and mature bucks especially, move more when it is dark and/or when humans are not present.

That explains some of the the loss of those 2.5 -3.5 yr old bucks
Would those loses be from breeding stress or multiple reasons

Mostly breeding stress. Below is an article we published from some work in Oklahoma on rut-related stress.

Article

Good stuff. Thanks for posting
9 1,214 Read More
Serious Deer Talk Forum
9 hours ago
This is the best part of killing does!![Linked Image]
60 8,128 Read More
Serious Deer Talk Forum
9 hours ago
i wish some one or group would gather up all the studies done so far and put them in one spot .

also wish ALL data collected would be publicly available that the state has
0 53 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
A friend has a as new 1895M Marlin 450 with Leupold VX3 1.5x5x20. $1500 and a 1989 Ranger 361V with Johnson 150GT $8000, he's in Jasper area, he can text pics if interested
0 225 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
I’m sure it woulda been gone by now if was diff caliber.
11 869 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
Weatherby "Sporting" 12GA 28" barrels, extended sporting choke tubes, excellent condition, competition model that has only been used for birds.

Single Selective trigger, elongated forcing cones, back bored etc.

$1100 cash or trade for bolt gun.

Mobile AL

251-three 77-ninety 823
0 123 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 09:59 PM
She is a gentle giant for sure... still thinks she's a lap dog sometimes 😁
2 298 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 09:16 PM
Marucci Cat 9, 31/28 bbcor. Location Guntersville alabama call or text (256)558-7467
0 99 Read More
Land, Leases, and Hunting Clubs
Yesterday at 09:02 PM
Lone Oak Hunting club has two open memberships for deer lease, Memberships includes use of our 4 bedroom 2 bath club house. These memberships are for deer, hog and small game.
1027 acres with 9 members. Food plots have really nice shooting houses on 14 food plots. Nice hardwood SMZ zones with creeks. Shooting 4 1/2 year old bucks and older. We need two for 2024/2025. $3000.00 per member. We have good group of guys but are looking for two more like minded hunters. Located 8 miles south of Demopolis AL. call or text 205-361-8414
0 174 Read More
Yesterday at 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by buzzard
All birds of prey are protected.

Not around me.
70 6,237 Read More
Yesterday at 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by Bankheadhunter
I don't trust the people behind gamecheck. I would love to think I could but nope.

Do you think they are doing something to change the numbers being reported? I've been critical of a lot this administration has done, but I'm not aware of anything like that. I'm not saying that it isn't happening, but I will say that I haven't seen anything to make me believe it is. That would be a conspiracy that would require a lot of people to be in on it.

I just think they designed a system that doesn't work on any level. It's no good at all for enforcement; anyone can get around it easily if they decide in advance that they want to do that. And since so many hunters ignore it, then it doesn't work for telling us how many were killed.

I don't trust a word they say. I have dealt with them enough to see what they are. They have interest in 1 thing and that is money. Our wildlife deserves better.
92 8,900 Read More
Yesterday at 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by gobbler
Originally Posted by Bankheadhunter
The state can easily do a bounty system. It's our funds why not? As far as roadkill and collecting tails it won't work out, they will be some but not near as much as you could get in a few days or a weekend of trapping.

Burning vs trapping is a no brainer, predators have been out of control for a long time.

Because hunters like me don't want to pay for an incentive for folks to sell coon tails with my license dollars. If someone wants to trap their place, go for it. If they want to pay someone to do it, go for it. I think there is a great benefit from it.... on private land and at an intensive scale. I don't think it will make a difference state-wide and I don't want my license dollars to go to it. Thats why! Im a HUGE burn promoter and think that would make more of a difference (a no-brainer you might say! ;)) but I don't agree with my tax dollars going to it either. If it's worth it to a landowner he should do it..... without me paying for it. wink

Yea, Im a big promoter of pay for your own shucks!

The money is being wasted anyways. It was a suggestion to put it to good use instead of it being spent on bat studies and other irrelevant crap.
35 1,702 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 08:07 PM
As new in box Howa 308 with 16.25" heavy threaded barrel. blue barrel with green synthetic stock.
this has drop floor plate. box and all paper work. pics available by text, 550.00 face to face only.
0 205 Read More
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
Congrats buddy! Great pic too
25 452 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 06:29 PM
Thanks. I have a guy coming from Kansas to buy it in the morning. That's a long ride, if he shows up.
5 908 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 06:27 PM
Answered. Thanks
3 517 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 06:23 PM
Sold elsewhere.
9 1,074 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 06:05 PM
dtmwtp has declared that he wants to buy it. Sale to him is pending meet up, payment, and FFL transfer.
22 1,395 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 04:56 PM
[Linked Image]
1 336 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.