Aldeer.com

WTB .22 LR Bolt Action

Posted By: Cuz-Pat

WTB .22 LR Bolt Action - 04/24/24 02:19 AM

I am looking for a rifle in .22 LR that is a bolt action with maybe a small capacity magazine.

I want something to start my 4.5 year old grandson shooting in a few months.

I want him to learn to shoot with a bolt action gun so that when he transitions to a center-fire rifle he will already know how to use it.

I ain't interested in buying your $1500.00 .22 rifle nor am I interested in buying your junk .22 rifle.

I'd like a nice, yet moderately affordable .22 rifle.

Also prefer a wood gun over plastic but would consider a synthetic stocked gun.

What might be out there?
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: WTB .22 LR Bolt Action - 04/24/24 03:04 AM

I guess my ANSCHÜTZ Monte Carlo is out of the question? lol
Posted By: 300gr

Re: WTB .22 LR Bolt Action - 04/24/24 12:12 PM

Look at the henry mini bolt. Its short light,stainless ,very accurate but is a single shot.
I am considering another mini bolt for my grandson
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: WTB .22 LR Bolt Action - 04/24/24 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by BowtechDan
I guess my ANSCHÜTZ Monte Carlo is out of the question? lol

Pretty sure it would be...

grin
Posted By: fr8-shkr

Re: WTB .22 LR Bolt Action - 04/24/24 01:34 PM

Cuz-pat, if you can’t find what you want, I might suggest a little savage single shot. I started my son on it, rather than a cricket. The mechanics are like a regular bolt gun. Has an adjustable trigger, and you can add a scope. I made him master iron sights on it, and then we moved up to a Ruger American and a Ruger 10/22, which I already had. My son is 15 now and still likes the challenge of that little savage. I think Henry makes a nice little single shot that is similar. Rossi I think makes a combo kit that you can get multiple barrels for. What ever you do, just teach them right, and start them young. My son was 4.5 when I let him start shooting. Heavily supervised in a controlled environment of course. My son is now a very good marksman, and handles all firearms with the utmost respect. With that being said, most importantly you will be making memories with that young man that he will never forget. Enjoy and good luck!!!
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: WTB .22 LR Bolt Action - 04/24/24 01:54 PM

A CZ 452 Scout is what you seek-
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: WTB .22 LR Bolt Action - 04/24/24 02:40 PM

The little Rossi 22's are hard to beat for the money. Same as a Mossberg plinkster but usually cheaper and with a better more rifle like stock.
Posted By: Skillet

Re: WTB .22 LR Bolt Action - 04/24/24 08:04 PM

Take a look at the Springfield 2020 rimfire series. Available in walnut or synthetic. The Classic model comes in 4 grades of walnut and takes 10/22 mags. Reasonably priced and accurate. Good luck in your search.
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: WTB .22 LR Bolt Action - 04/24/24 08:46 PM

I’ve got a little marlin? tube fed wood 22 around somewhere, I’ll cut you a deal on. Just need to look in the back of the safe for it. It ain’t pristine, but it ain’t junk….be a good starter. Just LMK if that interests you.
Posted By: BC

Re: WTB .22 LR Bolt Action - 04/25/24 09:13 AM

Bergara has a little bolt action .22LR with a carbon fiber barrel that comes with a 5 and 10 rd mag. They can be had on Eurooptic.com all day every day for a shade over $500.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Bergara-B...er-Bbl-Rifle-w-1-5rd-and-1-10rd-Mag.aspx
Posted By: slipperyrock

Re: WTB .22 LR Bolt Action - 04/25/24 12:59 PM

Look at the Savage Rascal. Ended up buying one for my son for Christmas. The advantages to it over the Cricket and Henry are that it is actually like a real rifle. It has a feed ramp which I know the Henry does not and it required having to line the bullet up into the barrel which wasn't a hard task until we tried to mount a scope and it made that process a bit more difficult. I also like the fact that you do not have to cock the gun like the Henry and Cricket. I like the fact that it can easily be unloaded if needed vs having to de-cock it to unload it if needed.
Posted By: DryFire

Re: WTB .22 LR Bolt Action - 04/26/24 04:09 PM

How far are you from Huntsville? I may have one for sale, if you are interested. PM me, I don't check the classified section that often.
Posted By: Big Al

Re: WTB .22 LR Bolt Action - 05/02/24 01:40 PM

PM sent.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM