</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
1st Gen Stainless M700 MTN FS
by ALMODUX. 05/17/24 09:23 PM
450 Marlin and Ranger boat
by 3006bullet. 05/17/24 06:35 PM
FS or Trade, Weatherby Orion 12GA O/U
by kaferhaus. 05/17/24 06:15 PM
High School or Junior High baseball bat $65
by toyota05. 05/17/24 04:16 PM
Saint Bernard
by Big AL 76. 05/17/24 03:22 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Research Update
by Ben2. 05/17/24 08:35 PM
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by marshmud991. 05/17/24 08:29 PM
research data base
by Frankie. 05/17/24 07:50 PM
Tennessee
by jawbone. 05/15/24 12:24 PM
Taxidermist called
by Big Game Hunter. 05/15/24 12:13 AM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Marengo County Club
by EarlPitts. 05/17/24 04:02 PM
Franklin county Al
by BigBuck10. 05/11/24 09:29 AM
Eastern Coosa County Hog
by Morris. 05/09/24 10:53 AM
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Who's Online Now
15 registered members (MS_Hunter, G/H, auman, riflenut, Sandmtnslayer, CreekCrosser, Bowfish, jb20, Lonster, oldknight, Cactus_buck, 4 invisible), 794 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Putin's Psyche #3622571
03/01/22 07:17 AM
03/01/22 07:17 AM
F L A
T
Tree Dweller Offline OP
12 point
Tree Dweller  Offline OP
12 point
T
F L A
www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/vladimir-putin-tyrant

Pretty deep, but a good read for those interested.

Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: Tree Dweller] #3622578
03/01/22 07:36 AM
03/01/22 07:36 AM
Lickskillet, AL
Irishguy Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Irishguy  Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Lickskillet, AL
You gotta be careful posting stuff like that on Aldeer...

Quoting Thomas Hobbes and using big words like vainglorious. grin

Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: Tree Dweller] #3622583
03/01/22 07:47 AM
03/01/22 07:47 AM
Lickskillet, AL
Irishguy Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Irishguy  Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Lickskillet, AL
In all seriousness... That's a pretty heavy article and is extremely well written.

Check out this quote from the article:

Here is where Putin’s grand geopolitical map for Russia becomes more clear. Dugin argues that Russia’s salvational role in the world must begin with its gradual recovery of its lost Slavic brethren in Ukraine and Moldova. But that is only the beginning. The long-range goal is world war between Russia and the United States, the leader of the “bourgeois” West. Preparing for that war involves Eurasianism making an alliance with radical Islam. For Dugin, the hostility of Islamists to Christianity is outweighed by their loathing for Western materialism and individualism. In Dugin’s view, Russia’s eventual victory over the United States and the capitalist system will also liberate ordinary Americans from their greedy Wall Street overlords. He addressed an open letter to “the American people” stressing Russia’s solidarity with them.

Interesting that he mentions a potential unholy alliance between Russia and the Islamists against the West. That seems to harken to some sort of Biblical Armageddon scenario.

I wonder if every evil dictator has a God complex with visions of saving humanity from itself.

Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: Irishguy] #3622604
03/01/22 08:33 AM
03/01/22 08:33 AM
Moody, AL
willdo22 Offline
10 point
willdo22  Offline
10 point
Moody, AL
Originally Posted by Irishguy

I wonder if every evil dictator has a God complex with visions of saving humanity from itself.

I would say very much so, yes.

A mans got to know his limitations.
Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: Tree Dweller] #3622606
03/01/22 08:40 AM
03/01/22 08:40 AM
Marshall County
Wapiti55 Offline
8 point
Wapiti55  Offline
8 point
Marshall County
Sounds like the Democratic Party, ( and some Rinos) “ I know what’s best for you, better than you do” “ I have to save you from yourself” “ Rules for thee, not for me”

Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: willdo22] #3622607
03/01/22 08:41 AM
03/01/22 08:41 AM
Lickskillet, AL
Irishguy Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Irishguy  Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Lickskillet, AL
Originally Posted by willdo22

You'd think some of 'em would be in it for the hot chicks, cool cars, yachts and stuff.

Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: Tree Dweller] #3622613
03/01/22 08:51 AM
03/01/22 08:51 AM
Marshall County
Wapiti55 Offline
8 point
Wapiti55  Offline
8 point
Marshall County
When thinking about his motivation, you have to consider Russian history. They have been subject to major invasions 6 times. It’s no wonder he wants a land buffer between Russia and NATO. Yes NATO is a defensive organization but lies and deceptions are such a big part of his MO that calling it defensive doesn’t carry any weight with a mindset like his.

Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: Tree Dweller] #3622641
03/01/22 10:04 AM
03/01/22 10:04 AM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham

Sort of like if South America effectively Communist and Russia was over here in North America all up in everyone's business and involved with the Government in Mexico.

1/2 the Politicians in Washington apparently took money from Nord Stream 2.

You can't trust these people.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.
Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: Irishguy] #3622643
03/01/22 10:06 AM
03/01/22 10:06 AM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham
Originally Posted by willdo22

You'd think some of 'em would be in it for the hot chicks, cool cars, yachts and stuff.

The world would be a much better place that's for sure. Why'z everyone got to be like Dr. Evil and have ambitions to take over the World?

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.
Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: Irishguy] #3622791
03/01/22 02:32 PM
03/01/22 02:32 PM
Montgomery
WmHunter Offline
14 point
WmHunter  Offline
14 point
Montgomery
Originally Posted by Tree Dweller

In all seriousness... That's a pretty heavy article and is extremely well written.

Here is where Putin’s grand geopolitical map for Russia becomes more clear. Dugin argues that Russia’s salvational role in the world must begin with its gradual recovery of its lost Slavic brethren in Ukraine and Moldova. But that is only the beginning. The long-range goal is world war between Russia and the United States, the leader of the “bourgeois” West. Preparing for that war involves Eurasianism making an alliance with radical Islam. For Dugin, the hostility of Islamists to Christianity is outweighed by their loathing for Western materialism and individualism. In Dugin’s view, Russia’s eventual victory over the United States and the capitalist system will also liberate ordinary Americans from their greedy Wall Street overlords. He addressed an open letter to “the American people” stressing Russia’s solidarity with them.

Interesting that he mentions a potential unholy alliance between Russia and the Islamists against the West. That seems to harken to some sort of Biblical Armageddon scenario.

****I have been pointing these things out and telling people about this for 21 years - including Aldeer since I joined in 2004 (my screen says 2005 but IIRC it was 2004)(I think Aldeer had a computer server or something change along time ago). I have repeatedly and consistently warned and wrote about this the entire time.

Putin is full of Dugin and Ilyin.
All three have the biggest megalomaniacal neo-Fascist and land imperialist delusional vision for Russia and the world that is incomprehensible. But it is exactly what is going on with Putin and his war of conquest and subjugation of Ukraine.

The Dugin-Ilyiin-Putin Doctrine is the *opposite* of our Biblically based American political philosophy of God given Natural Law and Natural Rights which is the basis of the principles of the Declaration of Independence and our sacred God given Constitution providing for maximum individual liberty under limited government. Putin wants to avenge Russia's loss of the Cold War, reestablish a Russian Empire on fascist police state lines, reconquer all of the former Soviet "republics" - and also conquer all of the former captive Warsaw Pact countries, and humiliate the West.

And yes Irish, this could very well be a Biblical event.
That is why it is so critical to stop Putin in Ukraine.
If he is not stopped there and forced into full withdrawal then this will rapidly spread into a European wide war.
And make no mistake - this is already a world war - with Putin on one side and most of the planet on the other.

Last edited by WmHunter; 03/01/22 02:33 PM.

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

" Chuck Sykes is a dictator control freak like Vladimir Putin " WmHunter

Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: WmHunter] #3622794
03/01/22 02:36 PM
03/01/22 02:36 PM
Lickskillet, AL
Irishguy Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Irishguy  Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Lickskillet, AL
Originally Posted by WmHunter

****I have been pointing these things out and telling people about this for 21 years - including Aldeer since I joined in 2004 (my screen says 2005 but IIRC it was 2004)(I think Aldeer had a computer server or something change along time ago). I have repeatedly and consistently warned and wrote about this the entire time.

All three have the biggest megalomaniacal neo-Fascist and land imperialist delusional vision for Russia and the world that is incomprehensible. But it is exactly what is going on with Putin and his war of conquest and subjugation of Ukraine.

The Dugin-Ilyiin-Putin Doctrine is the *opposite* of our Biblically based American political philosophy of God given Natural Law and Natural Rights which is the basis of the principles of the Declaration of Independence and our sacred God given Constitution providing for maximum individual liberty under limited government. Putin wants to avenge Russia's loss of the Cold War, reestablish a Russian Empire on fascist police state lines, reconquer all of the former Soviet "republics" - and also conquer all of the former captive Warsaw Pact countries, and humiliate the West.

If he is not stopped there and forced into full withdrawal then this will rapidly spread into a European wide war.
And make no mistake - this is already a world war - with Putin on one side and most of the planet on the other.

Thank God you're back. I was about to get bored with the place. grin

Last edited by Irishguy; 03/01/22 02:36 PM.
Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: Wapiti55] #3622802
03/01/22 02:43 PM
03/01/22 02:43 PM
Montgomery
WmHunter Offline
14 point
WmHunter  Offline
14 point
Montgomery
Originally Posted by Wapiti55
When thinking about his motivation, you have to consider Russian history. They have been subject to major invasions 6 times. It’s no wonder he wants a land buffer between Russia and NATO. Yes NATO is a defensive organization but lies and deceptions are such a big part of his MO that calling it defensive doesn’t carry any weight with a mindset like his.

Let me point out how totally wrong this is.
This is one of the biggest historical misconceptions out there - and I know you just read it and you just repeat it as so many people do.

Let us review HISTORY : Russia is an empire. Not the other countries of Europe. Russia is an empire that has invaded and conquered HUNDREDS of nations/tribes/peoples, etc. They are still an empire today.

Now, Russia was invaded ONCE by Napolean and it was a weak feeble invasion with only one real major battle (Borodino) and then Napolean entered Moscow to find the city completely closed up and abandoned. So the French turned around and went home - and froze to death in the process. There was no occupation or anything else.

Next - WW2. Well who started WW2?? Well it was the Soviet Union WITH the German Nazis via the infamous Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. Whereby RUSSIA INVADED Finland, Estonia, Lativia, Lithuania, east Poland (carved in half with German((see infamous Katyn Massacre)(fixing to be another one in Ukraine), western Ukraine and Moldova, which the Soviets occupied until Hiter launched his invasion of the Soviet Union.

****So when people talk about how many times poor innocent hapless abused Russia has been invaded please be aware that THIS IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE of History.

Go look at one of those youtube videos where they have a map of Russia and see how it grows over time from a minor principality of Muscovy to the large gigantic land empire that it is today. That will put the whole thing in perspective.

**** And regardless, Russia/Putin is the guilty and evil party in this war against Ukraine that did nothing to Russia. Nothing but want to be from Russia.

Last edited by WmHunter; 03/01/22 02:47 PM.

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: Irishguy] #3622809
03/01/22 02:46 PM
03/01/22 02:46 PM
Montgomery
WmHunter Offline
14 point
WmHunter  Offline
14 point
Montgomery

Thank God you're back. I was about to get bored with the place. grin

Lol, please bear with me.

Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: WmHunter] #3622818
03/01/22 02:58 PM
03/01/22 02:58 PM
North AL
A
AU338MAG Offline
Old Mossy Horns
AU338MAG  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
A
North AL

The most certain way to turn this into a full European or World War us to send NATO troops into Ukraine to try and push Putin out.

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe
Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: WmHunter] #3622827
03/01/22 03:05 PM
03/01/22 03:05 PM
Marshall County
Wapiti55 Offline
8 point
Wapiti55  Offline
8 point
Marshall County
Originally Posted by Wapiti55

Let me point out how totally wrong this is.
This is one of the biggest historical misconceptions out there - and I know you just read it and you just repeat it as so many people do.

Let us review HISTORY : Russia is an empire. Not the other countries of Europe. Russia is an empire that has invaded and conquered HUNDREDS of nations/tribes/peoples, etc. They are still an empire today.

Now, Russia was invaded ONCE by Napolean and it was a weak feeble invasion with only one real major battle (Borodino) and then Napolean entered Moscow to find the city completely closed up and abandoned. So the French turned around and went home - and froze to death in the process. There was no occupation or anything else.

Next - WW2. Well who started WW2?? Well it was the Soviet Union WITH the German Nazis via the infamous Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. Whereby RUSSIA INVADED Finland, Estonia, Lativia, Lithuania, east Poland (carved in half with German((see infamous Katyn Massacre)(fixing to be another one in Ukraine), western Ukraine and Moldova, which the Soviets occupied until Hiter launched his invasion of the Soviet Union.

****So when people talk about how many times poor innocent hapless abused Russia has been invaded please be aware that THIS IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE of History.

Go look at one of those youtube videos where they have a map of Russia and see how it grows over time from a minor principality of Muscovy to the large gigantic land empire that it is today. That will put the whole thing in perspective.

**** And regardless, Russia/Putin is the guilty and evil party in this war against Ukraine that did nothing to Russia. Nothing but want to be from Russia.

Let me be clear and state that in absolutely no way am I defending Russia or Putin. I think they are evil period. I was merely giving a position on something to be considered while thinking about his mindset. I think history does make an argument about your 2 invasion scenario though.

Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: Tree Dweller] #3622830
03/01/22 03:08 PM
03/01/22 03:08 PM
Montgomery
WmHunter Offline
14 point
WmHunter  Offline
14 point
Montgomery
I understand Wapiti - and did not mean to suggest otherwise. thumbup

I was just correcting a very common historical misconception about Russia "being invaded so many times" - when it is Russia that is the great imperial invading conquering land power of planet Earth.

Last edited by WmHunter; 03/01/22 03:09 PM.

Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: Tree Dweller] #3622843
03/01/22 03:35 PM
03/01/22 03:35 PM
northport
deadeye48 Online content
Booner
deadeye48  Online Content
Booner
northport
Seems to me whether Putin goes full invasion and takes Ukraine or if there’s intervention by other countries to stop him there is going to be another World War
Watch the left hand !!

When I need expert advice I tend to talk to myself
The older I get the better I used to be
Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: Tree Dweller] #3622884
03/01/22 04:48 PM
03/01/22 04:48 PM
Xroads
B
Backwards cowboy Offline
6 point
Backwards cowboy  Offline
6 point
B
Xroads
Will some one please explain to me what the difference is between Russia making up a reason to invade Ukraine and the US making up a reason to invade Iraq?

Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: Backwards cowboy] #3622900
03/01/22 05:12 PM
03/01/22 05:12 PM
northport
deadeye48 Online content
Booner
deadeye48  Online Content
Booner
northport
Originally Posted by Backwoods cowboy
Will some one please explain to me what the difference is between Russia making up a reason to invade Ukraine and the US making up a reason to invade Iraq?

Easy to explain
US invades to put dollars in pockets of Military Industrial complex investors
Russia invades to fulfill Putins dream of reunification of the old USSR countries

When I need expert advice I tend to talk to myself
The older I get the better I used to be
Re: Putin's Psyche [Re: WmHunter] #3622955
03/01/22 06:53 PM
03/01/22 06:53 PM
North Alabama
H
Hammertime7v2 Offline
8 point
Hammertime7v2  Offline
8 point
H
North Alabama

[Linked Image]

There, fixed it for you. 😁😁

Professional Smart Alec
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.